The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the TSB has already been completed on my car since a piece of heat wrap is there but I wanted to double check. I put a yellow arrow on the existing wrap, let me know if that's correct. Also I put a blue arrow on a hose I wanted to verify should be hanging there, since it's clamp to the other hose is broken I can't tell where it should be routed.

https://i.imgur.com/wKpFUO9.jpg

The reason I'm unsure is because the terminating part of the pipe looks nothing like the TSB page HERE

·
Registered
542 Posts
Little hard to tell but it looks like the clutch line, you're definitely in the right area. The heat tape Lotus installs is nearly useless, leave it on there and add some DEI Firewrap 3000. I added that to my car last year and it made a significant difference in keeping the pedal firm.

The loose hose may be evap from the AC?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Little hard to tell but it looks like the clutch line, you're definitely in the right area. The heat tape Lotus installs is nearly useless, leave it on there and add some DEI Firewrap 3000. I added that to my car last year and it made a significant difference in keeping the pedal firm.

The loose hose may be evap from the AC?
What is the diameter of the clutch line that should be wrapped?

·
Premium Member
7,308 Posts
Far more important than the wrap is use of quality high end brake fluid.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I added the DEI over the Lotus tape, all the way down to the connector. There were many curse words trying to get that velcro tight over the upper U bend!

·
Premium Member
7,308 Posts
Velcro WILL melt

·
Registered
542 Posts
Velcro WILL melt
I put mine on early last year, haven't smelt any melting or issues. I'll be under the car in the next couple weeks to change the oil so I'll update at that time, but this would be a pretty poor heat wrap if the velcro is such a weak link that it melts. They claim 500F direct contact continuous, 2000F intermittent.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I put mine on early last year, haven't smelt any melting or issues. I'll be under the car in the next couple weeks to change the oil so I'll update at that time, but this would be a pretty poor heat wrap if the velcro is such a weak link that it melts. They claim 500F direct contact continuous, 2000F intermittent.
Agreed. Mine has been on there for quite some time and has experienced a few 6hr round trip cruises through the mountains between eastern and western WA . No issues what so ever with melting, the Velcro is on the inside of the thermal barrier and it is designed for purpuses like this. I do agree with @brgelise that the fluid should be swapped out as well.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Thanks, I added the DEI over the Lotus tape, all the way down to the connector. There were many curse words trying to get that velcro tight over the upper U bend!
I can relate, there were quite a few "sentence enhancers" spewing out my mouth. I was a fool and tried to be lazy and go through the top of the engine at first. Even applying it through the service panel was a pain because I could only get one hand up there at a time. I too ran it from the compression fitting all the way to the bracket.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts