• Vivid green

Votes: 60 69.8%
  • Another color (sound off in comments)

Votes: 3 3.5%
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok people. Same spec - color only vivid green vs air force blue?

I like bright colors on sports car so I’m drawn to vivid green. However air force blue is a great color imo.

Between those two which would you pick?

Also the vivid green one is a ‘20 so there is a better deal involved.

View attachment 1285714
View attachment 1285715
Green without any hesitation these cars were made to have bright lively colors.

·
Registered
2005 ForcedFed Lotus Elise
128 Posts
Either one - it's strictly your choice! But, I will add my personal comment about vehicle colors: Why would anyone choose "white!" I have a compact with myself, "I will never buy a white car!"
Agree with you on the white comment. Even though I bought a white GTI (but for this car only, I think it's appropriate). Otherwise, on almost every other white car, it just looks incomplete.

·
Premium Member
Sold: 2018 Azure Blue Evora 400
58 Posts
Ok people. Same spec - color only vivid green vs air force blue?

I like bright colors on sports car so I’m drawn to vivid green. However air force blue is a great color imo.

Between those two which would you pick?

Also the vivid green one is a ‘20 so there is a better deal involved.

View attachment 1285714
View attachment 1285715
Green is much classier IMHO. The better deal on a 20 makes your decision a cinch! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I'm in the green camp. The flashy and unique colors seem to hold value better on the Lotus cars, if that's a consideration long-term.

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400, manual
352 Posts
I test drove a '21 vivid green with carbon today at Galpin. It's beautiful!.... but too bright for me as a daily though. Disagree with comment about dark colors, press photos for the GT430 were metallic grey and fire red and they are some of the best I've seen. Also saw a black/carbon at night a couple weeks ago, looked like the batmobile.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I think it depends on your personality and the car in question as to which color works best. Certain bright colors look good on the Evora in combination with black wheels and roof. Dark colors look good with silver wheels if you want a less flashy look. The latter hides some of the awkward styling on the Evora in my opinion, but others who happen to like it go for the contrast.

Reactions: italia

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Update. I hesitated on the green car I was going to get and it went to another member here. Congrats to him.

I waffled a bit on the air force blue. Ultimately
it wasn’t what I wanted. My dealer did have a pewter grey en route which just showed up yesterday. I got a chance to see it - I’m stoked on the jet fighter look of the car.

Hah - so the people talking crap about nardo grey I’m sure won’t approve but I think the pewter grey really pops the black and red accents on the car. I’m getting black wheels, red calipers, red seat centers. And of course the exposed supercharger bit is red as well.

I would have picked it up today but the lotus PDI guy is on vacation apparently.

I should take delivery in the next 2 weeks. Hopefully the dealer doesn’t sell to someone else. First time I’ve had verbal dibs - I offered a deposit as well. The team seems trustworthy so we shall see.

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
If it were me and that's the car I wanted, I'd insist on writing a purchase contract with a deposit. As they say in business law, "A verbal agreement isn't worth the paper it's printed on."

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT, Metallic Racing Green
165 Posts
Pretty car! Wonder why the battery cover isn't on, needed a jump or recently replaced? Mine needed a new battery soon after I took delivery, likely since it had sat for a while. Something to be aware of, and if an issue hopefully they'll catch before you take delivery.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Pretty car! Wonder why the battery cover isn't on, needed a jump or recently replaced? Mine needed a new battery soon after I took delivery, likely since it had sat for a while. Something to be aware of, and if an issue hopefully they'll catch before you take delivery.
The car hasn’t gone through the formal pre delivery inspection process yet. thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
If it were me and that's the car I wanted, I'd insist on writing a purchase contract with a deposit. As they say in business law, "A verbal agreement isn't worth the paper it's printed on."
You’re right - but I’m willing to throw the dice. There are enough evora GTs around that I’ll buy one from a different dealer if the pull any shenanigans.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Would love to see the Blue in the SUN! I would be torn aswell.
I guess I'm late to the convo.. I think you made the right choice, cool color.

Reactions: evora_abides

·
Registered
359 Posts
Congratulations, evora abides! What a great color! You will love that car so much. I had a 2017 Focus RS in a similar gray and I loved the sort of Mil-Spec look of it. On an Evora, it looks like a fighter jet.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
I like this grey and the darker one too. Really great thing is that these colors can really pop with many different accent colors, stripes, etc.
Hope it works out for you!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 Evora 400 Burnt Orange
59 Posts
Congrats on the car. I did want to say I think the bright colors will hold their desirability and value for these cars in the future. They are a beautiful, rare and aggressive design, it lends itself to the flashier colors.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Congrats! I think it's safe to say that the Evora can really pull of any color, really a testament to the design.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
If anyone is looking for a manual in Vivid Green, Ferrari Lotus of Denver just got a 21 GT in yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 83 Posts