The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm restoring a '74 Twin Cam Special that's missing the dashboard. Can anyone help me out with finding a template for cutting one out or tell me where I can get a dashboard. Also, the brake pedal/clutch assembly (or mechanism) in the footwell: do you know where I may be able to find that? The brake pedal is broken off and the rest of it is pretty well shot.
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Hey guys, I'm restoring a '74 Twin Cam Special that's missing the dashboard. Can anyone help me out with finding a template for cutting one out or tell me where I can get a dashboard. Also, the brake pedal/clutch assembly (or mechanism) in the footwell: do you know where I may be able to find that? The brake pedal is broken off and the rest of it is pretty well shot.
Thanks.
Check with RD Enterprises in PA.

r.d. enterprises ltd. Home Page

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exige

Did you get an Exige? I thought you had an Elise. I'll send ya some pictures of the new Esprit. BTW, have you heard if anyone on the forum has maybe purchased our burned '84?

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
There's a dash for sale on the yahoo board, not sure if it's right for a 74 though.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do I access that Yahoo site?

·
Registered
7,323 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks.
Prestige Autowood makes great Europa dashboards. You get your choice of veneers and he'll do custom things if you need it. A trivial example is a door for the glove box. Prestige Autowood

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Prestige Autowood makes great Europa dashboards. You get your choice of veneers and he'll do custom things if you need it. A trivial example is a door for the glove box. Prestige Autowood
+1 on Prestige. It may seem expensive, but the time you try duplicating what they do you'll have spent more time and money than getting one of their beautifully done dashes.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a dash I was going to refinish that you can use as a template, lettering is available if you choose to re-veneer one(or build from marine grade plywood) -- Lotus reMarque had an article long ago on how to re-veneer one. There is someone who advertises on eBay for new dashdoards - probably Prestige - about $400. I'll check the condition of mine - I have 2 - one from a burn-out and one from another project. I also have gauges if you need them.

Dan

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sorry, I don't mean to beat a (partially) dead horse, but one of the things that Prestige Autowood does is polyurethanes both sides so it should be much more durable. I haven't seen all of them, but Prestige's are EXCELLENT. If you get one, you will not be disappointed!

(Oh, I do not have any connection with Prestige Autowood other than I got one and was blown away by it. BTW - I got the burlwood veneer.)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sign on to the Yahoo group, post and introduce yourself, describe your car, including s/n, explain your problem, and you will have several people offering tracings gratis, in a couple of days. I got one for an S2 in just such a manner, from which I scratch built a panel from a kevlar honey comb panel. (never again! use plywood, as suggested above.) I'd offer my S2 tracing, but the TC's are different in detail.

steve

65-0323R

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a dash I was going to refinish that you can use as a template, lettering is available if you choose to re-veneer one(or build from marine grade plywood) -- Lotus reMarque had an article long ago on how to re-veneer one. There is someone who advertises on eBay for new dashdoards - probably Prestige - about $400. I'll check the condition of mine - I have 2 - one from a burn-out and one from another project. I also have gauges if you need them.

Dan
Dan, Thanks! I would love a tracing of the dashboard. I'm an excellent wood worker and I'm sure I could make one pretty easily. If mine turns out presentable, I'll even be glad to make dashes for anyone else who needs a dash. I'd only charge for the wood and shipping. Please let me know what I need to do.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dash Shipping

Dan
Hey, I sent the $20.00 via PayPal. Did you get it?
Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts