The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to tackle a faulty gauge cluster in my '05 Elise. I've searched and read most of the fixes for it. However, I couldn't seem to find any instructions for the removal of the cluster. Can someone refer to me to a thread which contains some step by steps, a diagram, or just explain for me. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/851667-post1.html

its not bad at all (pretty much just need a phillips)

iirc, 4 screws total on the outside of the cowel (2 bottom & 2 side that connect to the plastic hooks)... & disconnect the trip button harness near the key port once the plastic starts to come apart

then 4 screws that connect the cluster itself tot he aluminum frame support... along with 4 retaining clips that should pop out (you will probably lose some, but hopefully can fish them out afterwards)

the top cluster cover is just velcro'd on near the windshield

you might have to disconnect one of the plastic hooks at the bottom to fish the cluster assembly from over the side stalks (as well as the 2 dash harness's obviously)

that should be it. just take your time putting it back together... it take a little finesse to get the center plastic cowling part to sit flush with the stalks/rubber boots

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect! Thanks for taking the time to post, Mat... :coolnana:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts