The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Exige and just noticed that my driver side low beam was not working. I figured it was a burned out bulb, so I went to autozone and bought a couple new H1 bulbs. Got the headlight cover off (thanks to a post on here). Installed the new bulb, turned on the light switch and the low beam still will not come on. Tried the other bulb just to make sure that my new bulb was not bad, nothing either. Anyone have any ideas on what else to look at?

·
Registered
539 Posts
check the front panel fuses before anything else.

if i remeber correctly there is a fuse for each headlight.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought about checking fuses, then I dismissed it as I figured there was no way that there were separate fused for each light. Thanks for the tip, I will check it out.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Thought about checking fuses, then I dismissed it as I figured there was no way that there were separate fused for each light. Thanks for the tip, I will check it out.
Mine were(are) both on one fuse...

You might need to get behind the arch liner, but I don't think so.
The plug for the lights is accessible from the turn indicator hole.

I would put the bulb in question bulb on the otherside and see if it works... or:
A volt meter might be handy.
Try the voltage there and at then at the bulb connector.
A Volt-Ohm meter will allow you to check if the bulb is OK or not.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuse was not it. Left and right are in fact on sperate fuses. I flipped the fuses for left and right and the problem stayed on the left.
Thanks for the recomendation holmz, I will have to go up to work to gab my voltmeter later.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I'm having the same problem on the passenger side. Sometimes the low beam comes on. Has to be a connection issue. Just trying to find an easy way to get to it.

Well, I found the sweet spot to hit on the front clam to get the light to turn on. It is about halfway mark on the headlight, few inches off the outside edge. At least I got to see where I was driving to get home tonight. To Dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I'm having the same problem on the passenger side. Sometimes the low beam comes on. Has to be a connection issue. Just trying to find an easy way to get to it.

Well, I found the sweet spot to hit on the front clam to get the light to turn on. It is about halfway mark on the headlight, few inches off the outside edge. At least I got to see where I was driving to get home tonight. To Dealer tomorrow.
I had the same issue, also with the left headlight, and a well-placed hit on the clam would fix it.

I went to HIDs before it could get annoying enough to do something about it :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sounds like the switch pack to me. Had the same problem. The dealer replaced it under warranty and to date I have had no problems.
Gene

1 - 9 of 9 Posts