The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm having a problem with the installation of the aluminum diffuser. specifically, the tabs on the side that attach to the clam are positioned about 2" farther to the rear of the car than the where the stock diffuser attaches. am i supposed to drill the clam and attach it farther back? did the diffuser get assembled incorrectly?

thanks

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
A picture tells a thousand words... Does it align everywhere but there?

If any holes are gonna be made, I suggest they're made in the diffuser.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Did they provide any info? This is probably the first one or two they sold, you may need to call them.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I have to "stretch" my clam to the stock diffuser about an inch to make it fit.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
it's an elise.

it alligns everywhere but at those side brackets.

i'll contact sector111.

i'll get some pics up this weekend.

thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
First, I had to remove the side brackets (drill out the rivets).

Second, i drilled 2 new holes into the diffuser to mount to the clam. The holes were 7.5" from the front of the diffuser (closest to the front of the car when mounted) and 7/8" down from the top.

I called Sector111 and shared my measurements and pix.

pix here: Mounting Sector111 AluminDIFFUSER (also includes shots of widened undertray using ABS plastic).

Edit: note, the position of the new holes probably aligns the AlumDiffuser about 0.5" higher than if the stock tabs were retained. However, the Eliminator V3 mounting tabs are correctly positioned so if i had just re-located the AluminDiffuser tabs forward, the Eliminator tabs would not have reached the mounting holes on the diffuser.

it's an elise.

it alligns everywhere but at those side brackets.

i'll contact sector111.

i'll get some pics up this weekend.

thanks

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
you can also fill in the front suspension gaps.

I used aluminum on the rear, but your abs is something I didn't consider.

Are you planning for skirts?

-robert

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes, i'm thinking about filling in the front gaps too.

I've had the ABS (0.04" thick) sheets on for 3 weeks now and they seem to be holding up after several R/R (due to a slipping exhaust clamp). No melting or abrasion. I think they will last a long time.

I'm not planning skirts at this time.

you can also fill in the front suspension gaps.

I used aluminum on the rear, but your abs is something I didn't consider.

Are you planning for skirts?

-robert

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Thank you for posting guys. I just received mine and will be installing it soon. Sector111 rep did call and advise to remove the rivets (designed for Exige) for the Elise install. I think he said the newer batch will have holes to accomodate the Elise install.

Can I re-use the Von Hep license plate holder bracket for this aluminum diffuser, or I have to get the one from Sectorr111? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shinoo called me personally and gave me the info. about removing the tabs and drilling another set of holes. that's good customer service. after that, the install went great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts