The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 Lotus Evora
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd appreciate some help with getting my key fob to work again and being able to start my Evora. I just got a new to me 2011 Evora and was happy for the first few days but unfortunately now am unable to bypass the immobilizer and start the engine so it is just sitting in my garage unable to start.
The problem started after I inadvertently let the battery die. The previous owner had a Shorai rechargable battery installed and I didn't realize that I had to push a button on the tender to actually charge it instead of just plugging it in. I had left the trunk open overnight and the battery was dead the next day. I recharged the battery but afterwards neither key fob works to disarm the immobilizer. Fortunately the rest of the alarm system wasn't on so there is no siren when I attempt to start the car. The tell tell alarm light is flashing and there is power to the car as I can turn on the headlights (after entering the PIN as mentioned below).
I got the PIN from the Lotus dealer and have gone through the emergency disarming / mobilizing step in the manual. The alarm tell tale light will go off but the engine won't turn over. The alarm tell tale light will then re-illuminate in about a minute so I think entering the code is doing is disarming the system but get no engine turnover.
I also tried the key fob reprogramming with adding an additional 1,1 digit. The tell tale light turns off but when I press a button on the key fob I don't hear a siren like the instructions say and the key fob still doesn't work.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Smarter people than me will surely chime in, but based on years of reading this board my first assumption in these situations is that it’s almost always the car battery. Particularly if you already had the battery drained dead. It seems like you’ve eliminated other possibilities by going through the pin procedure. If there is any way to get a different battery in there and try it, you’ll at least eliminate the most likely scenario. Or your car will start. Good luck . . .

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'd suspect the battery. If it is a Li ion type it will be damaged by a complete discharge, unless there was a protection device fitted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts