The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

First time poster to this board. I've been in love with Lotus cars since as long as I can remember, and I am finally in a position to buy an Evora. My local dealer is offering a MY12 Lotus Evora IPS at $78k. It is pretty well equipped as this car has the new nav system, backup camera, sports package, and tech package.

However, I don't really have a good sense as to what would be a good price to negotiate this car for. $78k definitely seems high, but I'm not sure how much wiggle room there is. Can anyone help me get a better sense of what sort of price I should be able to get for this car? Thanks in advance! Looking forward to joining the community!

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts
IPS cars are commanding pretty strong prices. Also its a 2012 and they're quite rare.
Sticker, packages, NA v "S" etc will help us help you. Cars can have 10K worth of packages etc, special wheels...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Are you dead set on having an "IPS" car? If I were you I'd get a pre-owned MY11 "S" model for less than 70k or even a n/a MY11 in the low to mid 50's.

Hi All,

First time poster to this board. I've been in love with Lotus cars since as long as I can remember, and I am finally in a position to buy an Evora. My local dealer is offering a MY12 Lotus Evora IPS at $78k. It is pretty well equipped as this car has the new nav system, backup camera, sports package, and tech package.

However, I don't really have a good sense as to what would be a good price to negotiate this car for. $78k definitely seems high, but I'm not sure how much wiggle room there is. Can anyone help me get a better sense of what sort of price I should be able to get for this car? Thanks in advance! Looking forward to joining the community!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually have to get an IPS as a requirement from my wife. I've test driven both, and although the S is a beast, I felt like the base Evora met most of my expectations in terms of driving experience.

Regarding options, it is an N/A with the following included:

- IPS Sports Package
- Tech Package
- Backup Camera
- Heated Seats/Mirrors
- The wheels are the standard gray cast alloy wheels.

Let me know if there's any other information that might help.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
$78k for seems to be a decent discount off MSRP. I wouldn't consider something priced below MSRP "high" but to each his own. If you want a smoking deal you're going to have to do a fair bit of compromising, such as color combination or a demo miles or older year model. These cars aren't cheap and despite what you read on this forum, deals are few and far in between, especially a current model year. Even if you wait 6 months or a year, 2012's will still be listing at MSRP as the 2011's currently are.

·
Registered
878 Posts
New IPS Cost

I actually have to get an IPS as a requirement from my wife. I've test driven both, and although the S is a beast, I felt like the base Evora met most of my expectations in terms of driving experience.

Regarding options, it is an N/A with the following included:

- IPS Sports Package
- Tech Package
- Backup Camera
- Heated Seats/Mirrors
- The wheels are the standard gray cast alloy wheels.

Let me know if there's any other information that might help.
Paid just over $81K (includes taxes, etc., etc.) for similar equipped car in June (ours included premium pack, starshield). Also required IPS due to wife.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help everyone!

As a somewhat related note, how happy are you with the purchase? Have you experienced any problems with the car? Any initial thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
There is a lot of information about our purchases here in this forum :) Lots of places you should hop into and read - things like the cold air intake, brake noises, oil catch cans, power folding mirror switch replacement for cheap, etc.

You will find most people are very happy with their purchases but there are always little demons that pop up with Lotus - we just shake our heads, get it fixed and move on.

Though almost 17k miles now and almost every one has had a grinning idiot behind the wheel :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Now into about 500 miles on my new MY12 S. I love it. No major issues at all. 3rd to 2nd gear shifts ( have the manual) were a bit challenging initially, but has loosened up to be just fine. Door lock pin got stuck at times initially, but was solved with a shot of WD40. Other than that perfect. Also, despite the reputation, I am on my 4th Lotus and they have been among the least problematic cars I have ever owned. Maybe just lucky, but I think sometimes it becomes a "brand image" issue that may not match reality. The cars are simpler in general than most new cars these days which helps. I would start by offering $1k over invoice (this is about 10% off MSRP I believe) and see where it goes. Not a lot of cars out there and it just depends on the motivation of the dealer. Better to start low and have to move up than to overpay.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I think 78k is a FAIR price. Not necessarily a great one, but still fair. IPS cars are definitely selling a bit better, the 12s are much nicer cars, there aren't that many of them, and there are zilch for dealer incentives which means it's hard for them to give much money off.

Definitely don't take the first offer though!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Also, the 2013 cars have a price increase so that may push prospective buyers to the 2011 and 2012 cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts