The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings y'all,

I am looking to remove one of the wires (for the airbag telltale) from the instrument panel plastic molex connector (pictured below) off of an '05 Elise. I need to pull the electrical connector out of the molex. Does anyone know if I need a special tool to release the electrical connectors in this instance or can I just use a small flathead screwdriver?

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
Greetings y'all,

I am looking to remove one of the wires (for the airbag telltale) from the instrument panel plastic molex connector (pictured below) off of an '05 Elise. I need to pull the electrical connector out of the molex. Does anyone know if I need a special tool to release the electrical connectors in this instance or can I just use a small flathead screwdriver?
I just pulled the bulb...

·
Registered
846 Posts
How?! I couldn't get past the first PCB after opening the back of the instrument panel.
Not being much help here sorry, as I don't remember, it was several years ago.
I do remember not clipping any wires or taking connectors apart to do it, and whatever I did, didn't involve taking the cluster apart...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, got it.

1) remove blue plastic piece(s)
2) insert small / jeweler's screwdriver from front of plastic connector into the outer space immediately adjacent to the connector you're removing.
3) pull electrical connector.
4) replace blue pieces.
5) done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts