The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me understand all of the statistic information that I am getting from one of my websites. What I am really trying to figure out is - if this one website has 30368 hits so far this month how many people have actually just exited after seeing my home page or have gone further and looked at product information and gone on to the order page. Obviously I know how many orders I am getting, but I want to know where people are exiting the website so I can see if I can figure out why they are exiting without placing an order. I really can't complain about the number of orders I get, but I am always looking to improve things.

Monthly Statistics for July 2008

Total Hits 30368
Total Files 27544
Total Pages 4042
Total Visits 1401
Total KBytes 9976320

Total Unique Sites 1283
Total Unique URLs 89
Total Unique Referrers 164
Total Unique User Agents 244

. Avg Max

Hits per Hour 60 647
Hits per Day 1446 4200
Files per Day 1311 3830
Pages per Day 192 515
Visits per Day 66 173
KBytes per Day 475063 1426767

·
Registered
992 Posts
Are all these people ordering eggs? That is incredible.

Suggestion: if some people are just viewing the egg pages and then exiting w/o buying the eggs, maybe you could paint the eggs...you know, kind of spruce up some of the eggs. Might work. Just my 2 cents. I know I prefer colored eggs.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I think you'll have to break it down more than the stats you have posted.. If you can get a page load count for the order form, then you'd have a better idea. Then you can compare those who come to the root directory and those who hit your order page and the count of those who placed orders..

If you have control of your ordering code, it should be pretty easy.. Or if your analysis software will break it down by link, it should be easy.. if your hosting company just gives you that for analysis.. you're SOL.. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's much more info. I just sent the top portion. If I PM you a link to the stats page could you look at it for me?

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Forget the hits...it's a meaningless number for this purpose. The number of visitors statistic is your most meaningful one. Nothing here will tell whether people bailed after seeing your home page.

If you can, implement Google Analytics (Google Analytics). It's free (within some limits) and will give you tons of information, including how many people bail on your home page (they call it bounce rate) or any other entry page you may have from published links. You can set up classic sales funnels and see how far people go before bailing. The simple statistics are very easy to set up. Some of the more sophisticated stuff will take a little learning curve scaling.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info!

I actually found someone today that can help me optimize my site and understand all of the statistics. I do have all of the information you talked about that is obtained from google analytics.

Now I am going to run some tests and see if I can improve things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts