The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im stuck debating Evora, DB9 or V8 Vantage... basically im gonna use about 35-40k for down payment i just cant decide which would be the overall best buy. Either used AM or Newer LOTUS... Which would hold say the better value or say carry that air of prestige more. or even for ****s n giggles which would hold more attention.

Sorry if my first post may bother some but i just can't decide which so im asking genuine solid input.

·
Registered
502 Posts
What are you using the car for? Track oriented driving, get the Lotus. Looking for a boulevard cruiser thats nice to go out to dinner with get an AM.

Lots of high dollar maintenance AM
Relatively inexpensive maintenance Lotus

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Have you driven these cars?

Who are you looking to carry prestige to?

As to money down. Not an accountant, but depending on loan terms and possible return if put elsewhere you might want to put less down? For some reason I try to never owe more than I could easily get for the car in a quick sale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would like to get into the track but honestly more so a lively car that will hold value and can handle itself if the need arose... I also go out alot and would use it as a DD.

and i drove the vantage and loved it but im not one to cry about a rough on the back ride but i do admit the exige is nice, i mean i'm a man and some pleasures are worth losing some comforts so i think i could live with it.

and to the second poster i think the evora would look damn good pulling up anywhere for dinner as well as the AM

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you driven these cars?

Who are you looking to carry prestige to?

As to money down. Not an accountant, but depending on loan terms and possible return if put elsewhere you might want to put less down? For some reason I try to never owe more than I could easily get for the car in a quick sale.
i understand but having been a car salesman i figured from what i know that would leave me with the easiest payments ... but the evora and certainly and elise/exige would be easiest way to save some cash

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
Your grammar makes me suspect you're either just barely a teenager or a victim of poor schools (or both).

San

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
I'm guessing that you're single, in which case you might want to skip the Elige if you're planning on taking dates out in your car. It's a good car to go cruising for ice cream on a nice day, but the difficulty of ingress and egress doesn't make it a good "date" car. Fun as )[email protected]% though, I'll tell ya what.

I'd say go for the Evora. It's jaw-droppingly beautiful and my understanding from talking with guys that went to one after an Elige, you get even more attention if you can fathom that. I don't think you can do better than an Evora if you're looking to turn heads. It's a great time to buy leftover 2011s, too. The dealers are really making some good deals on them.

·
7,598 Posts
I'm guessing that you're single, in which case you might want to skip the Elige if you're planning on taking dates out in your car. It's a good car to go cruising for ice cream on a nice day, but the difficulty of ingress and egress doesn't make it a good "date" car. Fun as )[email protected]% though, I'll tell ya what.

I'd say go for the Evora. It's jaw-droppingly beautiful and my understanding from talking with guys that went to one after an Elige, you get even more attention if you can fathom that. I don't think you can do better than an Evora if you're looking to turn heads. It's a great time to buy leftover 2011s, too. The dealers are really making some good deals on them.
At roughly 30K+ off MSRP the Evora is easy to purchase. My concern would be that they seem to have issues that cause them to sit at the dealership for quite some time.

San

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Noble/Rossian?
I took a hard look at the Rossian, very nice. But no luggage space. Just in case a weekend date comes along that's likely an issue.

Evora gets a lot more looks and photos than an Elige.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
No the Elise get way more attention than an Exige. Nothing wrong with the Exige it's a nice car but just not as flashy, its more of a track car than the Elise, still a nice car though.
Having owned both... people won't even notice an Elise if it's sitting next to an Exige. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I think the OP would be better off with a Porsche based off of his stated requirements.

·
7,598 Posts
No the Elise get way more attention than an Exige. Nothing wrong with the Exige it's a nice car but just not as flashy, its more of a track car than the Elise, still a nice car though.
An Elise getting more attention than an Exige? Not happening.

San

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Evora gets a lot more looks and photos than an Elige.
Coming from a man who owns one of each in basically the same color scheme, so I doubt that there's a better apples to apples comparison out there than this.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
One aggravation of being older is that younger people so rarely recognize just how very useful and knowledgeable you are :)

Seriously, I drove the Elise around yesterday, sort of an "installation lap" before going to track next weekend. Even with orange wheels, numbers on the side and the big wing, she just does not generate the excitement and attention the Evora does.

Now I'm not out looking for attention so much any more anyway, just enjoy my cars. Usually avoid busy times and places. But the rarity and visual "zoom" of the Evora is remarkable. Got that "zoom" term from a love long ago who could stop a room. All that.

I'd consider an Aston to be the next big step up if I wanted to move up. But they might be better appreciated by car people, more mature tastes. The general public is still going to be more drawn to something new, rare.

At Goodwood a couple weeks back AMs were so common as to go unnoticed. Not Evora. But there, even a new McLaren had lots of competition for your eyes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Your grammar makes me suspect you're either just barely a teenager or a victim of poor schools (or both).

San
I'm Twenty Six... single father of a 3 year old. getting ready to rejoin the military in a month actually. I am sorry for not typing like i'm being graded. But no I wish I had this decision at that age instead of a mustang gt.

:coolnana:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts