The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Reminds me of a video I saw years ago of a Turbo Hayabusa doing acceleration runs. The speedometer climbed from 100-180 at what appeared to be greater than 10 mph per second. It was like watching a tach. Absolutely crazy.

There's a related video there of another Hayabusa going from 0-200 mph like it's nothing. In fact the acceleration from 140 mph to over 200 is borderline unbelievable. The person is in a wheelie from 60 to 140.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
i guess hennessey can't afford data and video acquisition? they should call ChaseCam...

....how is this "acceleration testing" if there is no data?

hennessey, still a joke after all these years.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
There's a related video there of another Hayabusa going from 0-200 mph like it's nothing. In fact the acceleration from 140 mph to over 200 is borderline unbelievable. The person is in a wheelie from 60 to 140.
This one?

I thought when I was watching it that his acceleration from 70 to about 140 was poor - then he dropped the wheelie... :)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I've had my (non-boosted) Hayabusa up to 170mph. That motor pulls all the way up to redline, almost all the way to normal top speed. It's scary! -eek-

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
i guess hennessey can't afford data and video acquisition? they should call ChaseCam...

....how is this "acceleration testing" if there is no data?

hennessey, still a joke after all these years.
Not as much of a joke as Frank's "Ronin" claims...

But still sad that they haven't posted real data.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Hayabusa's are an exercise in baiting the Grim Reaper.

To turbo one and proceed to pin it on the street is tantamount to smacking him in the face and then flipping him the bird.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Hayabusa's are an exercise in baiting the Grim Reaper.

To turbo one and proceed to pin it on the street is tantamount to smacking him in the face and then flipping him the bird.
Hahaha, that's one of the funniest things I've read in a while!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
man,.... all that money and it looks like my elise inside.. ;( i would be pissed to buy it for 1 million,then go on his forum looking for things to upgrade :)

Not only that, but the title still says "lotus Exige". I can't wait to hear about the insurance claim when the first one gets wrecked.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sold my Hayabusa last year ....and guess what I bought? Yep, my 2009 Elise. The Busa was wicked fast but I'm having more fun with the Lotus, and my wife thinks I'm safe now,so it's much easier to waste money.

·
Registered
200 Posts
if hennessy would put the engine compartment back the way it was and instead stretch the cabin area by about 6" that would be by far more valuable to me than a monstrous v8 engine...

·
Premium Member
11,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
So they finally made is street legal. They keep going on about how its a "driver's car." Um yeah, it's a damned Exige, what did you expect!??!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
How much truth is there to their claims that you shouldn't take the roof off that thing? I smell bull****.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Well, if you look at the video, it appears there is some sort of internal roll-cage which may prevent the roof from being removed. It's entirely possible that the stock Lotus frame is not sufficiently stout to handle 1200hp, and so reinforcements through the roof might be necessary (the motor is mounted longitudinally in their case, I believe, which puts additional torsional stresses on the frame under acceleration. Someone more versed in automotive physics should pipe in.)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts