The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooooooo, our new Evora S arrived on a carrier...and had no idea this sucker was on here too! Guess that explains why both owners were present, not usual for a Lotus delivery. It's a new 2011 already sold and is hiding in a place I never knew existed until it's delivery, haha

IMG951831.jpg

IMG954471.jpg

IMG957491.jpg

IMG955745.jpg

·
Registered
389 Posts
Maybe they'd be willing to swap - just tell them the Evora is more comfortable...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe they'd be willing to swap - just tell them the Evora is more comfortable...
haha...and a backseat!!! With this owner tho, I'm sure I could just pick him turn him upside down and shake enough money loose where he could have both

·
Registered
480 Posts
Lucky!!!!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
this car is ridiculously cool, but ridiculously priced. Hennessey knows the world is full of idiots, even rich ones.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appearance wise, I find using the older Exige roof on a 2011 GT a bit odd, but it looks AMAZING in person...Supposedly they have moved to the updated Exige roof with full-length intake on the newer ones
I've been told conflicting prices, between $850k-$1million for the price of this car. The owner's net worth is north of 3 billion...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Sweet! Is it staying local? Hope it gets driven.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes, overpriced Venom

Hennesy Venom is for the uber-rich, a rare collector's car...the rich are not like us. Personally, if I had that $$$, I'd buy a McLaren mp4-12c and save the rest of the money :). Now, that's a beautiful car.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Read plenty about the power of this thing but nothing about the handling. I wonder how well sorted it is in that regard.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Read plenty about the power of this thing but nothing about the handling. I wonder how well sorted it is in that regard.
You guys should see the Ronin car! He actually invited Hennessey for a shootout but apparently that isn't going to happen. Ronin is now building a 211 with the same compound boost motor look up the subject TUNED. I bet it will cost faaaaar less money and much more satisfying to drive.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
You guys should see the Ronin car! He actually invited Hennessey for a shootout but apparently that isn't going to happen. Ronin is now building a 211 with the same compound boost motor look up the subject TUNED. I bet it will cost faaaaar less money and much more satisfying to drive.
Oh, we all know the Ronin car!:bow:

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Is it just me, or is that car just really ugly?
No, it's ugly. When you are USED to looking at Eliges, this looks off. To the untrained eye, maybe not. It just looks like a stretched image - an Exige in a funhouse mirror.

The worst burn? Long story, but they had one (this one perhaps) in the lobby of the RM Auctions at Pebble Beach last year. I was standing there talking to Michael Anthony of Van Halen and the Hennessy guys. My wife comes up and says 'oh look honey, it's your car'. Think about this. To the untrained eye a ONE MILLION DOLLAR CAR was mistaken for my, what $28K Elise?

Hmmm.

Every time I see this car, I think 'that's Zonda money' and then I laugh.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
There's been lots of conversation on this car and I think that, yes, the acceleration is retarded. But the big knock is that the engineering and bespoke manufacturing process doesn't warrant the price. This car takes many components from many other cars and bolts them together. Yes, there's engineering, but is that on the same par with Pagani and Koenissegg who design/engineer and manufacturer almost every little nut and bolt from scratch.

Case in point - the interior.

The Venom interior is standard Elige. It is LITERALLY a standard Elige interior that has been alcantara'd/leathered. Frankly, it looks similar to my custom interior. A standard Elise interior and $3K to the local auto upholstery shop gets you that interior in your car in about a week.

Now compare to another similarly priced car. Let's look at this interior:

All amazing weave carbon with titanium. Just look at the engineering on that damn wheel (or even the ridiculous key fob). And for $1M with Hennessy you get a $200 Sparco when with a H stitched in.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Appearance wise, I find using the older Exige roof on a 2011 GT a bit odd, but it looks AMAZING in person...Supposedly they have moved to the updated Exige roof with full-length intake on the newer ones
I've been told conflicting prices, between $850k-$1million for the price of this car. The owner's net worth is north of 3 billion...
As a fellow Pennsylvanian, I can't believe there's that kind of money in this state. Seriously though, for a mill I'll start with an Evora S, an Elise SC, a V8 Esprit just for ****s and grins, a topless F355, a Diablo, VW GTI as a DD, shoot I'm running out of cars I'd want and still have half my $ leftover. A mill for one of these? I suppose that if you reach a pinnacle in your life where it just doesn't matter if you wipe your ass with tp or $100 bills.....well go for it.

Who am I to begrudge you? That'd probably piss this guy off just as much as the jacknuts that resent us for having a Lotus even though most of us worked for our $ and we're not necessarily born into it.

Good for that dude that has a million to blow on this car, but it's just not for me.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I won't bother commenting on that ugly, over priced Exige, was the interior made by Mizuno? -eek- -eek- I know what i'd buy with a million dollars, I can get 75 female virgins (now a days you have to clarify that) and be in real heaven...

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
I won't bother commenting on that ugly, over priced Exige, was the interior made by Mizuno? -eek- -eek- I know what i'd buy with a million dollars, I can get 75 female virgins (now a days you have to clarify that) and be in real heaven...
Can you spare one of them? :evil:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts