The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I think they should be awarded two records, one as a car and another as a Limo...

·
Inactive
831 Posts
Production car? Road and track defines production as 30 identical vehicles; Guinness 50 identical vehicles, so even the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport is not a production car. By this logic some of the salt flat 'production cars' would have the record.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Production-smaduction. I care not. The thing is BAD DONKEY!

Love the color (ultimate Graphite Grey Society LWB coupe?!).

I want one, with stock Lotus underpinnings / running gear (2ZZ-GE, etc.) to putter around town in.

"What's it got in it?"
"190 hp four banger. But it's not about top speed..."

Ha! Classic.

Tesla's updated Roadster? That would be even funnier.

Ahhhh, I'm just a Powerball hit away from making all my dreams come true.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
The car is kinda silly, but it is accelerating at .7g at 170mph which is insane.

I think I got an instantaneous .7g launch once in my STi during an autocross when I dropped the clutch at redline

·
Registered
405 Posts
I think it is a cool car, but for $1m, pretty stupid. I'd like to know how much effort they spent to reinforce the thing to make it any kind of safe or even structurally sound with that much power and grip and those kinds of speeds as well. They are basically doing the same amount of engineering work as the V8 miata guys, and those sell for 1/20th the price, and don't try to claim to be anything other than a highly modified car.

Also getting tired of them trying to call it a production car. It is still registered as a Lotus, still has a Lotus VIN. Not a production car. I work for a very small volume vehicle manufacturer, and the amount of money and effort required to meet all the government regulations is staggering. Trying to skip around all this and still claim to run in the same group and sell for similar price is ridiculous.

EDIT: clicked on the link and noticed that they didn't set any official record anyway. You have to meet some rules to get the real record, such as actually being a production car and you have to do two back to back runs and the record is the average of the two.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
...but for $1m...
they need to milk every dollar they can from selling that project car to deal with all the lawsuits they have filed against them. rotfl

that's a shady company run pretty poorly from all acounts

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
except its not the fastest production car.... Bugatti still holds the record.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Im soooo sick of hearing about the Venom, its a tuner car. They did not design this from the ground up, in fact what did they actually design on it? THe frame/ chassis.. NO.. The engine.. NO? Aren't those the two largest parts of the car... Oh well its apparently a technical masterpiece.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
they need to milk every dollar they can from selling that project car to deal with all the lawsuits they have filed against them. rotfl

that's a shady company run pretty poorly from all acounts

Yup. People should do a little bit more research about this company. They've been ripping off the Viper community for quite some time and a bunch of lawsuits have been filed. Some of the stories that you can read on their forum is just astounding.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hennessey Hubris

The FIA defines Production Vehicle as one of "at least 25 identical cars produced within a 12 month period and which were meant for normal sale to the individual purchasers." Hennessey's own site says, "Hennessey builds just five (5) Venom GTs per year." So the Venom isn't a production car by FIA standards. It certainly isn't mass produced. Even so, it is an achievement.

I have been looking for a reason to express my views, which are ambivalent at best, on Hennessey's efforts. And thanks to this news/post, I have. So if interested: Hennessey Venom – For The Record | Honda K20 Lotus Elise

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
world records also require 2 runs, in both directions and the speed averaged. they only did one run, in one direction.... downhill, with a tailwind?. lol !

so no record for speed, and its not a production car.

don't they have elise titles anyways?

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
Well the Elise madr road and tracks 51 coolest cars of all time! Still would love a lola, stratos or 288 gto

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 41 Posts