The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today is the day I start installing Kim xmas present into her 06 CO Elise, affectionately called the Pumpkin.

I picked up a 4 bulb shop light so hopefully my future pics will be better

Can anyone tell me how to put text above each picture instead of having it all at the top of the post?

Also I am not sure how to do this as I am doing numerous projects at once. Do you guys want just the SC install, then the surge tank, catch cans and Gpan? I would just have to go through my pics and arrange them for each project.

I guess I look at it as one project and here are my steps to get it done. All these items make sence to me that they would all be done at the same time regardless of who's products they are

Comments welcome

Vision Function VF2
Vision Function - Supercharge your Lotus

Other noteworthy mods are the:

Radium FST-R
Radium Engineering - Blog - New Product Release: FST-R....Two parts in one!

Radium Fuel Rail
Fuel Rail for 2ZZ-GE Engine

Radium Catch Cans
Dual Catch Can Kit for Elise/Exige

Radium Modular Rear Clamshell Kit
Modular Rear Clamshell Kit for Lotus Elise

Sector111 GPan3
gPAN3

I will be documenting the install with pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mods already done on her car

BWR Swaybar and Self-Lubricating Bushings, Ohlin DA shocks, Gut Splitter, Factory SC wing. Difflow Railer diffuser, Sector111's V2 arms, ProRad FP radiator, BOE toe-links, CL RC5+, DB4000 rotors, R888's on LSS wheels

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looking forward to the install pics Darrin. Kim must have been a really good girl this year! That Radium FST-R looks pretty slick.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Boy, oh boy... The lengths you go to keep up with me at the track... ;-)
That's gonna be an amazing car. Can't wait to see it in action! Best of luck with the install.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats Kim

Glad to hear the "pumpkin" is still on the road here in Chicago and get upgraded. Sweet!! Please do bring it by this spring to show it off. We have a new shop now in Addison. Check out our website, still plenty of Lotus goodies: Motorcars International by Bill Nuccio

Talk to you guys soon!

Bill Nuccio Jr

·
Registered
38 Posts
You're going to love the kit. I have an 08 CO Elise with the VFII kit and it is incredible! I had VF install it, so no comment on the install. However, it's a super clean kit, idles much smoother than stock (especially if you have stiffer motor mounts) and drives like a factory tuned car. Really nice stuff.

Unfortunately I just dropped my car off to get a new clutch (ACT HDSS) and flywheel installed (BWR one piece flywheel). Miss it already :(

One question - why get a fuel surge tank when the VFII kit replaces the stock fuel pump with one that is more than adequate for this kit?

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're going to love the kit. I have an 08 CO Elise with the VFII kit and it is incredible! I had VF install it, so no comment on the install. However, it's a super clean kit, idles much smoother than stock (especially if you have stiffer motor mounts) and drives like a factory tuned car. Really nice stuff.

Unfortunately I just dropped my car off to get a new clutch (ACT HDSS) and flywheel installed (BWR one piece flywheel). Miss it already :(

One question - why get a fuel surge tank when the VFII kit replaces the stock fuel pump with one that is more than adequate for this kit?

Good luck!
This is our second VF2 as I have one on my car. 3 years and running

Surge tank? Mainly we track our cars and even with a better fuel pump, being a unbaffled fuel tank, you can still get fuel starvation. Second reason is that it her car and to have a super loud fuel pump right behind her seat would make very long days for me ;) So it is better to have the super loud fuel pump in the engine compartment like my car

·
Registered
153 Posts
Boy, oh boy... The lengths you go to keep up with me at the track... ;-)
That's gonna be an amazing car. Can't wait to see it in action! Best of luck with the install.
Ken.. Darrin only wants me and him to have equally built cars so we can compete against each other and I can't whine I have less horsepower...but hey if you wanna join in...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
172 Posts
WOW! Can't wait to see the install. That is my next project for my Aspen White 09. Thanking you in advance.
Rusty:clap:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Time to drill out the rivets for the air box. I wrap the plug in plastic then put down a terry cloth towel that I can just throw away as it catches the shaving so well (sorry, no pics on this, I got busy) While I am in here time to install the Radium Immobilizer plug. This is the on/off control for the surge tank and is completely plug and play. You just have to work the other end through the grommet

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Now to notch the headliner rear top panel for the Modular Clam Removal Kit and remove the bolts. The notches are formed into the head liner, you just cut them out, so no measuring or trying to figure out where they go. And I did not get a picture, but remove the 4 nuts for the engine cover on the back wall and then get out of car and remove the engine cover

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just removed the 2 side bolts which will not be reinstalled and reinstall the interior. Woohoo, never have to pull it out again unless it is some unrelated to pulling the clam.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I removed the bolts for the gas cap lid, then I pulled out the wheel liners and removed the 2 bolts per side that hold the top/bottom of the clam. I remove the side grills, not sure if that is important, its just what I do. Removed battery and removed the 4 bolts holding the clam down to the frame, the 3 bolts holding the rear panel and fished the battery and turn signal wires out of the trunk.

Put down a tarp (its winter) and then a moving blanket and then had her (while all dressed up for work) help me lift off the rear clam and place it gently down.

Yes you can remove it by yourself. I would suggest removing the diffuser and rear panel first since you will have a better angle.

If you plan on removing the clam for general maintenance like I do, then cut the silicone on the plastic piece the holds the nuts for the gas lid and the piece it attaches to as then the part that holds the nuts lives with the gas cap lid. I will get a pic of this when I do this mod

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I picked up a 4 bulb shop light so hopefully my future pics will be better

Can anyone tell me how to put text above each picture instead of having it all at the top of the post?

Also I am not sure how to do this as I am doing numerous projects at once. Do you guys want just the SC install, then the surge tank, catch cans and Gpan? I would just have to go through my pics and arrange them for each project.

I guess I look at it as one project and here are my steps to get it done. All these items make sence to me that they would all be done at the same time regardless of who's products they are

Comments welcome

1 - 20 of 24 Posts