The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to put this first - Able Racing in Midwest City Oklahoma is awesome. These guys are great and do quick quality work. Done with the plug and onto the fun.

The day finally came where I could get some Dyno time plus Andre's fabrication skills in the same day.

It started pretty easy - get 2 pulls without any exhaust mods. I do have the Radium CAI though so it isn't quite "stock" but it is a good base.

Pull 1 and 2: Stock + CAI
Pull 3 and 5: Straight Pipe
Pull 4: Flowmaster muffler straight out the back

270 whp is what 317 bhp if there is a 15% difference?

Now for the fun. I decided to not add the flowmaster for the time being as I wanted to drive it around and see what it was like just straight out the back. Lost roughly 41lbs in this transition btw...

Is it just me or does it look happy to be on the Dyno?

Hard at work:

While on the Dyno - if I had a yellow car I would have added black stripes today and left it looking like this and gone with the yellow jacket theme... I like the stinger look :evil:

The final product - it required removing the extra flap of the difflow diffuser but that was no issue and the way it was removed it can be riveted back on at any time if I wish:

I think it looks great as the tip is perfect 2.5" in and twin chrome polished stainless steel.

Now onto the sound:

Just the Radium CAI - Pull 2:

Straight out the back the sound is... :drool:

Adding the Flowmaster muffler on the back of the pipes to get a Dyno (it added 2hp! :crazyeyes)

Late night driving home this is basically second gear inside from inside. It is hard to record a good sound while solo in the car but it did a nice job.

Let me know what you think.

--J
Edit: The last videos are posted. Woot!

·
Registered
359 Posts
So no cat (assuming the OEM cat is in the same place...can't find a stock picture) & no muffler?

Dead keen to find out if it's tolerable. I'm loving the 41 pound weight loss.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No muffler, stock headers and cat. Very tolerable as I was enjoying some Aerosmith on the way home lol.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ah ha - stock cats are incorporated in the headers. I see now:

Can't wait for further videos. Could be the best exhaust solution of all!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Not often to do you see a shop go out of their way to mod the car between runs like these guys have done for you.. very cool.

I wonder if you'll see an additional gain after the car has been run for a while. I would expect some air/fuel recalibration to take place with the ECU. Although what you see now is very impressive already.

Anyway I look forward to the additional videos on this. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Am I reading that correctly - you pulled a 269 stock on run #2 with just the CAI? That doesn't seem right - I must be reading it wrong.

·
Registered
396 Posts
What he said... :)
Sorry guys . . . I will refrain from posting before coffee henceforth.

So at a 15% DT loss, that would be 303 at the crank (not that it really matters what's at the crank). A 12% DT loss would make it 293. I say we average the two, making 298, then round up to 300. Boom - everyone with a Radium intake now has a 300HP car :-D

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The last video is uploading now - the link is live but the video is not ... just yet.

See you all later - time for work.

Also jump to about 1:30 in the Night Time run to hear second gear from start to finish.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I asked Andre if he was interested in offering this amazing sound to anyone else and he said he might if there were interest.

If anyone is interested in this please me know or post here and I'll pass on the information. The sound is just ... perfect.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Sorry guys . . . I will refrain from posting before coffee henceforth.

So at a 15% DT loss, that would be 303 at the crank (not that it really matters what's at the crank). A 12% DT loss would make it 293. I say we average the two, making 298, then round up to 300. Boom - everyone with a Radium intake now has a 300HP car :-D
Your numbers are off. If whp is 269, then it's 317 at the crank, not 303, based on a 15% DT loss.

·
Registered
90 Posts
great runs! thank you for sharing.
i got SS manifolds, decat and SS racing muffler. it seems like one small muffler makes better results thanks to its back pressure. its great to see 300+ hps and 270 whps with only an intake and exhaust upgrade. i guess the stock vs ss manifold difference is huge some ponies could be hidden in there for sure.
now i am looking for an ecu tune. do you know komo tec can make a custom tune for radium cai, and SS exhaust with decat?
best.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just received my tune from Kold-Fire today. I am at work so I have not had the change to install it. They assure me (and I trust them completely) that the CAI and Exhaust "should" not be an issue or require any specific tweaks.

I do not know about Komo Tec.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just received my tune from Kold-Fire today. I am at work so I have not had the change to install it. They assure me (and I trust them completely) that the CAI and Exhaust "should" not be an issue or require any specific tweaks.

I do not know about Komo Tec.
how do you install it? do you have the necessary obd cable and software in your computer?
i want to do the same here in turkey but what i need is a complete reflash kit :) is the lotus ecu so easy to reflash?
best.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is where I point you to boefabrication.com as that is where I bought mine (Phil you seeing this shameless plug? :D)

The cable and tune are both available there.

--J

·
Registered
90 Posts
thank you very much! that is definitely what i want and need. i will contact them asap. got any of them in forums? do you know?
thanks.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts