The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
I caught the plug Plack! Thanks!

So on our little Kold-Fire - Lotus Elise, Exige, and Evora Performance ECM Tuning Products map, you'll find that we (boefab.com) take care of Aussie, North/South America and Africa. Komo-tec takes care of Europe and a good chunk of Asia. I actually need to update the map a bit--- but then again, there are about 20 inventory items we keep that are not on our site as well... hard to find the time though!:crazyeyes

Cheers,

Phil

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If you have anything Evora related you should totally post them :D:D

Will report back tonight on how the tune goes.

Also looking forward to when this lovely cable can do datalogging :)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Sounds beautiful!! The sound alone would make me want to do the 2zz to evora v6 swap before forced induction!! Ugh! And Elise that sounds like that.... Heaven.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So after about 80 miles since flashing the Kold-Fire 290 I have noticed that the car has removed most of the drone. I am impressed and guess that it had to do with the learning tables in the ECU. Not only this but there is still a nice gurgle and pop that you can hear and while cruising you can predictably create a nice pop upon deceleration in gear.

I am very pleased with this exhaust setup. It sounds like a race car now - the way it should.

Again anyone looking for this should let me know - I'll be dropping by Able Racing tonight to pick up my stock exhaust and I can let them know there is interest.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Plack - How is the power after the tune? Is the difference more than, the same as, or less than the addition of the Radium CAI?

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
It is a noticeable difference. The car is still learning right now so I'm guess I won't see the full effects for hundred or so more miles. The way the car behaves though is nice - it feels like it pulls more all the way through the power band.

Once I get it Dyno'ed next week I'll post more.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It would be interesting to see the 0-60 times logged by the ecu before and after the changes. HP numbers are nice but I would like to know what it translates to in real world performance figures. Can you extract that data from the ECU with the cable that you have for programming? or do you have to go to the dealer the retrieve it?
Neil

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I am waiting for Phil/Kold-Fire/whomever needs to do it to create the software for Data logging from the ECU using this lovely cord.

I do hope for the price it will be provided at some point.

As for the exhaust - the note keeps getting better and better. I just love it.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
It would be interesting to see the 0-60 times logged by the ecu before and after the changes. HP numbers are nice but I would like to know what it translates to in real world performance figures. Can you extract that data from the ECU with the cable that you have for programming? or do you have to go to the dealer the retrieve it?
Neil
The ECU will NOT give 0-60 times, only RPM's.

However, there is a FREE Android APP for 0-60 times for your Cell Phone:
aDyno – Zero to Sixty app for the Android

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
If we have data streaming from the ECU to a laptop we could easily get accurate 0-60 times though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Actually, the printout from my dealer at the 1000 mile break in service included lots of valuable info including the quickest 0-60 time, 0-100 time, top speed, how long at each 1000 rpm increment, how many times it had hit the rev limiter, what the rpms were when it hit the rev limiter, how many hours on the engine, etc. There is lots of valuable info in there that lotus and the dealer has access to, the question was whether or not it requires dealer/lotus only software to get at it or can you access it through obd diagnostics.
I will admit that I was a bit surprised by the amount of data I was provided with and that the warranty department has access too.
It would be fairly easy to tell if the car had been tracked based on some of this info.
Neil

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well I have a bluetooth ODB 2 connector as well that I believe I might be able to get data from - play around with it and my android phone.

The aDyno program requires that the phone be sitting in a perfect position to read the gforce data and alas right now I have no phone mount for my car.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Actually, the printout from my dealer at the 1000 mile break in service included lots of valuable info including the quickest 0-60 time, 0-100 time, top speed, how long at each 1000 rpm increment, how many times it had hit the rev limiter, what the rpms were when it hit the rev limiter, how many hours on the engine, etc. There is lots of valuable info in there that lotus and the dealer has access to, the question was whether or not it requires dealer/lotus only software to get at it or can you access it through obd diagnostics.
I will admit that I was a bit surprised by the amount of data I was provided with and that the warranty department has access too.
It would be fairly easy to tell if the car had been tracked based on some of this info.
Neil

My dealership (Newport European) refused to offer such information to their owners. I guess hitting Ctrl-P is too much work for them, despite their "above and beyond" customer service.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Plack - so did you get dyno'ed yet? How's the car feel now that you (presumably) have a couple hundred miles on the tune? I'm starting to really consider the tune (no headers yet, just software).

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I have just over 700 miles on the tune. It is noticeable. The car pulls to the redline now harder than before. Cruising in 5th gear @ 70 and punching pushes you back into the seat a bit more than it used to. Before the tune I lived for 3rd and 4th gear - 5th gear now garners a smile without having to go 100 to make it useful :)

I will be Dyno'ing Friday this week. Last week I went Wed. and they had a project that was not going well on the Dyno and it was not available - I was going to go last Friday but alas family. I was going to go TODAY but I now have tickets to the Thunder vs. lakers game coming up and yeah - I can't miss that so it has been pushed back to Friday again.

Will report back asap.

--J

21 - 40 of 59 Posts