The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Definitely still running the same pipes - the sound is intoxicating and I am hard pressed to change it any more :)

The Dyno on the last tune showed about the same as stock - Phil has been busy working on Ramtin's tune right now and will be working on another one for me hopefully soon.

·
Illegal Alien
5,306 Posts
This is why we should have access to read information from our own ECU's... we did pay for them.
As a designer and manufacture of very large industrial equipment I disagree. We own the software in our black boxes and use it for diagnostics not for release except under court order and even then the data is stored in jibberish.

As to paying for it, car manufactures do not include selling you a license to the data, so technically you did not pay for it.

As to earlier comments about accessing info through OBD-II port, regs for OBD only require some basic info output, manufacturers can use the system for proprietary info. Lotus does this, when I ordered my car I had meet with lotus Motorsport about incorporating in RLC data logger to read sensors ... They told me it would not work

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
The sound increase is quite a significant difference. I do not have a dB meter so I can't give exacts but maybe the guys down in Plano do while it is getting worked on - I'll ask.

·
Premium Member
7,507 Posts
If my ears are correct, you better hope you don't go by a local with a dB meter looking for ricers and their stereos let alone fart cans. That sound would get black flagged at LRP every time!! Didn't say it isn't great, just saying any track with dB limits will be a problem for you! Personally, I liked the crispness of the Flowmaster better.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm wondering if we can get it down to 90dB @ 50' without adding bends. I don't mind a muffler, but for an everyday car, that's about all I can stand.

donour

PS: i'm still running the stock airbox.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I think it could easily be done by just adding a simple straight through race muffler from flowmaster/magnaflow etc. Just finding the right one that you like is the key. I would get one that doesn't use packing and just has a bit of restriction and you would be golden. There is plenty of room to add it and it wouldn't add that much weight as you would remove a small section of the pipe and just insert it there. Easy.

·
Premium Member
7,507 Posts
If your tips are removable, its actually pretty nice for a Supertrapp.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
My tips are welded on. I felt it was a better option than having another something that could come apart.

·
Banned
147 Posts
I asked Andre if he was interested in offering this amazing sound to anyone else and he said he might if there were interest.

If anyone is interested in this please me know or post here and I'll pass on the information. The sound is just ... perfect.

That is a perfect sound. I so want it! But I can't do it yet. :panic:

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Able Racing has finally started making more of these if anyone is interested - just PM me and I'll get you their info.

These tips look stock but sound amazing.

Stainless Steel - Tig Welded - Adjustable hanger height to taste - if you want it lower or higher it just takes some compression or expansion of the hanger.

...another beast is born...

p.s. this one is spoken for already :)

41 - 59 of 59 Posts