The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Didnt realize i was supposed to do this when i came onboard, so i figure its better late than never.

my name is Mike, i live in Loogootee, IN, a small town of about 2,000 located 70 miles NNE of Evansville. just turned the big 50 in late Feb, but still feel like i am 21. i used to teach school up around the Indy area, and now work at a naval base called Crane here in s.w. Indiana. been here almost 25 years, looking forward to retirement in 5 years, 10 months, 3 weeks, and 1 day - as of this writing.

about a year ago i was considering a Mazda RX-8, Nissan 350Z, and a Ford Mustang. finally chose the 350Z over the RX-8 only because of the potential problems associated with the RX-8 and its rotary engine. i test drove a Mustang, and it was dullsville.

i waltzed into the Nissan/Chevy dealer over in Vincennes about a month ago, a place called Memerings. they had a new 2009 Jetstream Blue Corvette in their showroom, and i just drooled over it. that sort of got the fever going, and while searching through cars on Edmunds, i ran across Lotus. i love the looks of the Elise, and i believe i want to go with an Elise over the Corvette. but then again, until the final decision is made, who knows.

anyway, thats my story. sorry some of you posters take offense to my threads, dont mean to offend anyone. after i start a thread i like to sit back and digest all that you knowledgeable posters bring to the discussion. and yes, i usually search, just dont find what i really am looking for lots of times so thats why i start new threads.

regards,
Mike

p.s. you should know where the ****** nic comes from.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Welcome Mike, and a sincere thanks for all the laughs. You go ahead and post anytime...

When searching, try using the Google search feature - second one down. The top one is pretty useless, unless you use the Advanced tab. (see the enclosed photo)

I don't think folks get upset. It's just that so many subjects you've hit on have been discussed to death, so it's painful for the old timers to have to reread it for the 1000th time.

Good luck with your new Elise and retirement! I hope you enjoy the hell out of your Lotus!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
You should get the Corvette. Just a hunch.
I think that's an unfair statement. Clearly ******#1 here has an affinity for the Lotus. Who are we to judge if someone would be able or willing to live with a Lotus' quirks?

Our cars require a special type of owner - for sure. but at the same time, it's not terrible to live with.

And besides, I'm interested to see his impressions of the Lotus in another thread.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought this was an April Fools joke, but no ... of COURSE there's a naval base in SW Indiana ...
yep, there is. Crane has been in existence since 1941. look at an Atlas. its about 20 miles SSW of Bloomington, IN. its now called the Naval Surface Warface Center.

or perhaps i should have said......GOOGLE IT!!!

Mike

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
or perhaps i should have said......GOOGLE IT!!!

Mike
rotfl :clap: rotfl

Classic! :up:

Your persistence and determination are admirable.

But you're cross-shopping too much and too wide. Seems to me you are attracted to the cosmetics of the cars you've listed rather than their intrinsics. And that's fine by me. Just like infatuation... ;)

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
but maybe he's too old for a lotus.....
sam (77 yo) rotfl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts