The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Elise that my wife and I autocross. Since I've owned the car there is a strange hesitation issue that I've decided has to be wrong. With the car idling if I hit the throttle quick the engine does not react very well. It sounds like it stumbles and almost stalls. Now if I get into the throttle slow I don't have this problem. If I bring the engine up to say 3,000 RPMs and quickly increase the RPM I don't have this stumble/hesitation issue. It only happens at idle and I can't imagine a rev-happy Toyota engine would react like this.

Throttle position sensor issue? I've done all of the general maintenance up keep in the car and I don't know where to start with this one.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Chris,

I was having a similar issue with mine after the Katana supercharger was installed. Replacing the MAF sensor with a new one (which is a different design and part number) made a big difference.

·
Registered
356 Posts
yea, i have a similar issue, when the engine is still cold, at idle, it feels like the rpm is sometimes going up/down +200 rpm for very short amount of time, it feels like mini-coughs,, is this normal?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
What is the part number for the MAF? Is it difficult to replace?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts