The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in learning about the Hethel test track experience. I'm considering going but would like to know if it was any good. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
It's worth the time and $$ to go. The new track is great!

·
Registered
2011 Persian Blue Elise R(S)
819 Posts
Did the "Hethel Experience" last August, Elise on the South Track and Evora on the North Track. Phenomenal! Memories that'll last you a lifetime. If you have a chance to do it, DO IT!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Driver's seat

I'm assuming that the track Elise is driven from the right side there. Were you able to apply what you learned back in the states?

Did the "Hethel Experience" last August, Elise on the South Track and Evora on the North Track. Phenomenal! Memories that'll last you a lifetime. If you have a chance to do it, DO IT!

·
Illegal Alien
5,319 Posts
Highly recommended; I took the Level 3 class in a one-on-one season so had car on track all day, thsi was about 2 years back, it was intense with lots and lots of lapping time and by "intense" I am comparing to to Skip Barber 3-day racing school.

PS they have some LHD cars too

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
I'm assuming that the track Elise is driven from the right side there. Were you able to apply what you learned back in the states?
They have left hand drive cars for the yanks. :D:D

·
Registered
2011 Persian Blue Elise R(S)
819 Posts
re: left hand. If you are the only left hand driver in the group, you may not get it as was the case with me (I believe its a question of cost, to have to prep an additional car for just one guy is not cost efficient I guess). Really wasn't too bad because I had just spent the last 14 days driving all around Ireland and England in right hand standards (everything they have there is standard). But I was fortunate to get a 2011 Elise (which is what I have) so essentially, I was driven my car, just looking out a different window! And let me tell you what those instructors can do! They work for Lotus and drive Lotuses on a Lotus track, you can bet they know what these cars can do. They made those cars dance around the track!!!

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
I did a similar gig at silverstone a few years ago - my first time driving a lotus! It was the only RHD I've ever driven, and I was surprised how easy it was. I missed couple shifts when I rushed, but it was really not bad. It just seems more fitting to drive a British car around a British track the way they do, even if it means driving on the "wrong" side

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
My Fiancee and I have been talking about where to go for our Honeymoon. We're thinking Europe, specifically England and Ireland. I already told Mrs BigBird that if we go to England, we're going to Hethel.

How much does it cost and what do I get for my money?? Is there a place i can go to gather all the info of what would be available when I got there?

Call me crazy but if I got to tour the hethel headquarters, that would be more than fine with me!! Kid in a candy store!! Throw me on the track at the Lotus factory....I'd die a happy man!!!!!!!! :nanner:

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,691 Posts
Lotus Driving Academy

My wife and I went back in 2001. We had a great time. At that time, the cars were all RHD Elises, the S2 design, but with the 118hp Rover engine. The instructors were amazing! You can probably arrange for a tour of the factory while you're there.

Here's a link with the current choices -

Home | Lotus Driving Academy

This is my wife, driving with her instructor.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts