The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Lotus Evora Specialty
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post as HethelSport!

Some of you know me as 9and3--I joined LotusTalk back in Jan. 2006 when it was still called EliseTalk. While only a short time compared to some of you, I've been in the Lotus family since 2006. My first was a 2007 Exige S. I loved that car and daily drove it for over 80,000 miles, but now I have a 2014 Evora S... and I love this car too.

I started HethelSport last year but didn't have much direction other than knowing I wanted to do something with cars. My background is neither retail nor automotive but I wanted to have some fun. Earlier this year, I organized a group-buy for some Win Ace bumpers. It was way more work than I imagined but it also led to discussions with Win Ace... short story, I'm now the US Distributor.
:)

Here's a blog about my recent trip to Win Ace... I hope some of your enjoy it.

I'm now also officially a vendor on LotusTalk and will be starting a group buy or two. My intension is to have most of the Win Ace parts in-stock but it's going to take a little while to stock up... until then, if anyone wants anything, a group-buy is probably a good way to start! Let me know what you're interested in! --Sherman

·
Registered
456 Posts
Congrats on your new business venture! This is great for the Lotus community here in America. I enjoyed reading your Vin Ace visit.

·
Hickory, NC
942 Posts
How cool is this? Thank you for starting a Lotus based business! I look forward to seeing all the products you'll be offering.
I will start the requests off by asking for a heavy shift knob for the Evora, maybe even scribed on top with the shift gate pattern.
This is a hard item to find right now! Lol
Seriously, good luck with your new venture and I hope you are successful Sherman,
God Bless

·
694 Posts
Congrat ! Similar to my own story with a different category of motorsport products. I find that the most interesting part is to discover suppliers of new or hard to find items. You seem to enjoy it too. I like your initial offering already. Have fun!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Site is looking good!

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
You have a captive audience for any and all product offerings on this forum. Good luck!

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Always great to have another Lotus vendor in the world, congrats on getting the new business started. While I can't say I'm a huge fan of Ace's Concept replica (but can only see the back) the Evora GTC bumper (whatever he's calling it) looks SO much better than stock, definitely better than the Evora 400 front bumper. It does look very McLaren 650s but not so much that it looks like a direct copy. Even if it did if someone told you that you looked like Daniel Craig would that be a bad thing???

Again welcome!

-Ross

·
Registered
516 Posts
Always great to have another Lotus vendor in the world, congrats on getting the new business started. While I can't say I'm a huge fan of Ace's Concept replica (but can only see the back) the Evora GTC bumper (whatever he's calling it) looks SO much better than stock, definitely better than the Evora 400 front bumper. It does look very McLaren 650s but not so much that it looks like a direct copy. Even if it did if someone told you that you looked like Daniel Craig would that be a bad thing???

Again welcome!

-Ross
Is that this one? I haven't seen it anywhere else except on the British forum. I like it too--but need to see more pictures before a final verdict.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,884 Posts

Again welcome!

-Ross

I love that GTC bumper. The other on the Evora and on the S3 Elise look too much like a copy whereas this is more "inspired by".

So does this also mean we get the S3 cup R aero adapted to an S2 soon??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
@HethelSport which Valentine 1 mount are you using in the pictures of the mini rearview mirror? Is it the standard visor clip?

Very interested in that mirror; would love it if you guys could do one that auto-dims but I know that would definitely increase the size/weight/cost.

·
Lotus Evora Specialty
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will start the requests off by asking for a heavy shift knob for the Evora...
I had a @Jim-C shift knob on my Exige--they're fantastic. Great feel, perfect size for me, and the weight really made the driving expereince better (I was skeptical at first but am now a believer). Maybe we can convince him to fire up his lathe.
(I've been a part of the Lotus community for a while and one goal is to create/maintain some synergy. Part of that means playing well with others so if a product already exists, and there is no compelling reason to do so, HethelSport will not compete.)​

·
Registered
516 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Lotus apparel would be cool. Very little is available in US.

·
Lotus Evora Specialty
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DIY: V1 Mount above Mirror

@HethelSport which Valentine 1 mount are you using in the pictures of the mini rearview mirror? Is it the standard visor clip?
Yes, it's the standard V1 mount with the metal bracket. Easy to do and should take 20-60 minutes--add some time to snake the power wires from the fuse panel to the mirror too:

1. Cut or grind the last part of the tab that bends up (the red part in the picture below);
  2. Put the radius bend into a vice and squeeze it down (the green part; some trial & error will be needed to make it fit nicely and be careful here not to overdo it and snap the brittle metal).
  3. File/smooth out the new edge and put some tape on it (to protect whatever it touches, I like racers or duct tape);
  4. Remove the two inner sunvisor clips (no need to remove all four. If you're snaking a power wire, it'll be three);
  5. Pull the headliner down just a tiny bit;
  6. Slide it in;
  7. Button it up.

The V1 will not fit above the factory rearview but fits nicely above the HethelSport mirror. Or you can just move the V1 to the side of the factory mirror.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts