The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just want to say that I'm very happy and proud to become a member of Lotustalk.com, because of all the reading I've done, I've seen nothing but very very informative posts and awesome technical/helpful information.

I know you guys have all seen the "Hi I'm the newb" post. But I just wanted to register and peak my head in and get some feedback on some current Lotus owners and what your opinions are.

A little bit about me, my name is Brandon and am in the US Air Force currently en route to be an Air Force recruiter in Reno, NV.

I've been in the Honda game for a long while now (about 10 years), and currently own a '92 Civic with a jdm K20A, comptech supercharged 11 psi pulley, with AEM water/methanol injection. It's putting down close to 340 WHP at the moment, and curb weight is 2100.

I'm not your typical Civic ricer lol. I am a long term autocrosser, road race (HPDE, Redline Time Attack), etc.

Yesterday, I was doing some thinking, and while I love my Honda, I've had a LOT of friends who has had their Hondas stolen and completely stripped. Just 6 days ago, my friend Dave's bone stock 95 Accord that ran like absolute crap was stolen from him while him and I were watching Terminator last Sunday, and he JUST got it back yesterday.

With that said, I do garage the Civic, don't take it to places such as malls, theaters and such, and I do have a great amount of security in my Civic right now, but I just have a real itch that possibly my time is coming and would really hate to see it taken.

What I would like to do is get an Elise, put my S/C alcohol injected K20 into the Elise, and part the rest of the Civic out, to have an even faster, better mid engine RWD, and also have a little more peace of mind than just any 17 year old who can take the Civic and put it into his little rice burner ya know?

I hope I didn't sound long winded, just wanted to get whats on my mind and talk to educated Lotus owners that hopefully I will one day be. ;)

Thanks again!! If there is anything I can do for anyone regarding Honda engines, building, tuning or anything, I would be very happy to answer.

Respectfully,

-Brandon

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Im not sure fear of theft is a good reason to get into a lotus. People do swap the honda powertrains into these cars so you wouldent be reinventing the wheel on that. It isnt a simple swap I am told. Where there is a will (and cash mony) there is a way, and a 340 whp lotus would certainly be grin inducing. Thinking out loud here, but can you swap honda drive trains into an MR-S? If so it may be a better candidate for massive reengineering as the price point is so much lower.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hey everyone,

I just want to say that I'm very happy and proud to become a member of Lotustalk.com, because of all the reading I've done, I've seen nothing but very very informative posts and awesome technical/helpful information.

-Brandon
What version of LT have you been reading???

LOL welcome. The only issue with putting in your K20 to the lotus that I can think of is all the clearance issues. I don't know too much about the Honda conversions but do look into the kit you have on your K20 if it is similar to the shape of the superchargers they use. The engine bay of the Lotus is extremely small not alot of clearance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the responses! Really appreciate it! I do respect each opinion, especially of those who own a Lotus Elise now-a-days.

Fear of theft is pretty much the sum of it. I was honestly denying it I guess, I was just merely trying to thinking positively of the current situation while upgrading lol.

Once again thanks! I would love to hear from more users!

cheers,

-Brandon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts