The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Widebodyek,

I just joined the forum too (Duetto-69). I am also an S2000 owner. It's an '03 and I have had it since '06 and love it.
I too am looking to add a Lotus (Elise) to the garage. Not in place of, but in addition to, the "S".
(Well, this is the way I'm playing it at the moment on the home front anyway) . :)

Cheers
Jeff

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
I bought a new S2000 (AP1) in 2001. I loved that car, other than the lack of torque (which doesn't seem to bother me much in the Lotus). My friend has an '01 AP1 just like my old one, about 85,000 miles on it, feels tighter than my '06 Exige with 35K on the clock for damn sure. It's interesting driving them back to back, the S2000 feels almost luxury, and very tame/soft/quiet. I'd still like to have one, you know, as a daily, but for a toy the Exige suits me much better.

LOTS of guys here have had both, and personally, I don't think you can go wrong with either car.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Welcome! Another S2K owner coming to the lite side. I was there about 6yrs ago and have no regrets switching to the Elise. Here is a shot of my old AP1 that I can say I do miss. GLWS

Attachments

Reactions: shay2nak

·
Registered
168 Posts
Me, to my SO: "Hey, there's a pretty cheap Elise for sale in SoCal."
Her: "Does it have the Exige body panels?"
Me: "No."
Her: "Meh... what color is it?"
Me: "Orange."
Her: "I don't like orange."
Me: "JESUS CHRIST WOMAN, IT'S A $25K ELISE!"

Also, another former S2000 owner... oddly enough, the Berlina Black S2000 looks like what mine looked like, except my BYS spoiler had a third brake light

·
Registered
378 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I have an 02 S2K and did exactly what you are thinking of doing and bought an 06 Elise. I am glad that I held onto the S2000. The two cars are very different and enjoyable in different ways. Few cars shift like the S and few cars handle and draw attention like the Elise. Keep both if you can manage it, you won’t regret the decision.

Pic of the S2000

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: widebodyek

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice! I've got an AP1 and just bought a Lotus a few months ago. The S2000 is our "Cadillac" now, we laugh every time we drive as it feels so plush in comparison to the Elise and Cappuccino. We've had the S2000 for ten years and just can't sell it yet...

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I came from an S2000 to an Evora S. They say there are two people: those who get the S2K and those who don't. I unfortunately fell into the latter camp. I can appreciate why others rave about it, but it just wasn't for me. I also unfortunately was just a bit too tall to be comfortable in it. The wife on the other hand at 5'7" felt like the S2k was designed specifically for her.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought a new S2000 (AP1) in 2001. I loved that car, other than the lack of torque (which doesn't seem to bother me much in the Lotus). My friend has an '01 AP1 just like my old one, about 85,000 miles on it, feels tighter than my '06 Exige with 35K on the clock for damn sure. It's interesting driving them back to back, the S2000 feels almost luxury, and very tame/soft/quiet. I'd still like to have one, you know, as a daily, but for a toy the Exige suits me much better.

LOTS of guys here have had both, and personally, I don't think you can go wrong with either car.
Thanks for the info. This is great to hear. It would be hard to sell my s2. I think the only two cars I could see replacing it are an Exige or NA1 NSX.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome! Another S2K owner coming to the lite side. I was there about 6yrs ago and have no regrets switching to the Elise. Here is a shot of my old AP1 that I can say I do miss. GLWS
What eyebrow / eyelids did you run on your s2000? I've been thinking about getting a set. Look pretty interesting–and easily irreversible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts