The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey from Atlanta,

I'm not a Lotus owner yet, but will be in the market this year for a 2005 Elise either already supercharged with an aftermarket kit, or I'll be planning on doing it with a year of ownership. I drive an E55 AMG right now and miss having a sport car, with the handling/nimbleness, but I do like a lot of torque.

I'd love an Exige, but want to keep the cost under $30k :)

I'm here to learn about the Elise, challenges, upgrades, maintenance etc.

I'm hands on, used to do turbo installs, timing belts, cylinder head /head gasket installation, clutch swaps etc. Don't have the time now but still do brakes and minor fixes. I want the lotus as a "toy" for the weekends and will be getting a truck as a daily driver once I sell some cars.

I have a couple of toys now

2005 E55 AMG - stock 469hp, 516 tq. -
2002 E55 AMG ( should have sold it) stock - 349hp, 391tq
1994 Chevy Blazer ( POS that needs selling)
03 Ducati Monster 800 dark i.e
2009 Audi Q5, 3.2 quattro - Wifes Ride

Gone and missed :

2003 Corvette Z06 50th anniversary edition - mildy modified

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - Heavy modified, external wastegate, 3" exhaust, 20G turbo, variable intake manifold, custom fuel system, 650cc injectors, supra fuel pump, custom front mount intercooler, ACT 2600 clutch, gauges galore - ( buddy still drives it, around 350 - 400 hp)

1994 3000 GT - stock

1993 Eagle Talon TSI - stock

Thanks Fellas, looking forward to lurking and learning.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I wish you luck in your quest but it will be very difficult to find even an 05 with the mods you are looking for already installed for under 30k. It's difficult to find a stock 05 under 30k.

Anyway, I'm in Atlanta too. Come on out to Turner Field this Sunday for some auto-x. I'm driving the heavily modified OC Elise.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am local as well in Braselton by Road Atlanta. I have a buyer flying in this weekend to by my Boxster S and then I begin my search for an Elise. The prices seem to be going up since I last was in the market for one about 4 years ago before my Boxster. The last one I drove was an 05 Elise at Motor Cars of Georgia for $24,500.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the info. Not looking to sign up just want to watch and maybe meet some folks in the Lotus community

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish you luck in your quest but it will be very difficult to find even an 05 with the mods you are looking for already installed for under 30k. It's difficult to find a stock 05 under 30k.

Anyway, I'm in Atlanta too. Come on out to Turner Field this Sunday for some auto-x. I'm driving the heavily modified OC Elise.
Thanks, I should have qualified, under 30k without mods :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hahaha, I used to have a 1994 blazer! Full size though, not the wimpy S10 one. I still miss it every now and then, haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
My blazer is very tired... windows don't work, radio does't, it doesn't start right now, power steering leaks, I think its going to craigs list before my wife gives it away :)

I'm going to get an F150 or Ranger for daily driving, something with 100k miles and cheap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am local as well in Braselton by Road Atlanta. I have a buyer flying in this weekend to by my Boxster S and then I begin my search for an Elise. The prices seem to be going up since I last was in the market for one about 4 years ago before my Boxster. The last one I drove was an 05 Elise at Motor Cars of Georgia for $24,500.
My buddy who bought my 1999 GSX lives in braselton...

I car prices go up in the spring, and currently the Elise in in low inventory...

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
My blazer is very tired... windows don't work, radio does't, it doesn't start right now, power steering leaks, I think its going to craigs list before my wife gives it away :)

I'm going to get an F150 or Ranger for daily driving, something with 100k miles and cheap.

I'm just surprised to see another lotus owner who also had one of those dinosaurs. Mine was running strong at 250,000mi when it got crushed for cash for clunkers. Use a hammer on the starter for awhile, but eventually you'll have to replace it, hopefully in a better place than your friend's front yard...

Come to think of it, I also replaced the power steering hoses, too, because the had some holes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'll be at the autox as well. In a red 1st gen MR2 instead of my lotus. If you come up and say hi we can definitely talk about the "maintenance" work required to do a radiator swap on an Elise. And also, the joys of fiberglass repair. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool man. I should be easy to spot. Orange Elise... bigass wing... Come say hello.
Sorry didn't make it, had to finish installing a reverse camera in my current car I started a while back and hadn't finished, have to put tons of relays in since mercedes don't like to see any power draw on accessories.

How do you do ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts