The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can't get my mind off of the Elise, so I've decided to take the plunge.
This may take some time , however.
My dream car is now a Phantom black Lotus Elise.
I've searched the world over and it appears I will have a hard time finding a really nice used Phantom black Elise.
I do want the touring package and a hard top. Rag tops are just not my style.
I've also considered a red one, but Black is my first preference.

In the near future I will be selling my mint 1998 Corvette and I may need some help from you guys finding my dream car.
I'm posting a couple of photos of my car and would hope no one minds.
My Corvette is loaded with sport seats and every other available option offered in 1998 including and upgraded performance rear end.
It sports the Vararam true ram air induction, professionally installed and rivited in. Magnaflow exhaust system with x pipe. Recent LS1 edit tune.
Europeon tail lights, flush mounted. As you can see the car was professionally tinted. It sports the f45 three way adjustable suspension. Its never been smoked in or eaten in. I was finatical about this car.
Always has been garage kept and also covered. Oil changed every 3k miles or less.
The floor mats on this car are even perfect. I bought a set of rubber floor mats and covered the OEM mats so as not to damage them or put any wear on them.

I'm not attempting to sell my car on your forum by any means. I'm the new guy here and this is not my house.
But I do badly want to get in an Elise in the not so distant future.
So if any of you guys know someone who might be interested please don't hesitate to pm me.
Also , from this point on, consider me a serious buyer and any help in locating my dream car will be greatly appreciated.

Never wrecked, clean carfax.
Some of the modifications were done after this photo was taken and the body side moldings have been professionally removed for a cleaner look.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Nice car!

But if you really really love this car, you will probably hate the Elise. Make sure you drive one before you sell your Corvette. In the end, it might be the worst decision you could ever make.

The Elise and Corvette are worlds apart. Just make sure the Elise is right for you.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nice car!

But if you really really love this car, you will probably hate the Elise. Make sure you drive one before you sell your Corvette. In the end, it might be the worst decision you could ever make.

The Elise and Corvette are worlds apart. Just make sure the Elise is right for you.
Great advice by Darth G-F.

Make sure you’re getting the Elise for all the right reasons, not just the looks. If you value handling, light weight and steering feel then the Elise is for you. Admittedly I don’t own an Elise but I’ve read enough to know a lot about it.
Otherwise if you prefer cruising, power / torque then stick with the Corvette or move up to a C5Z06 or a C6Z06.

I recently (a month ago) purchased a 2003 Z06 and although the Corvette wasn’t my first choice, I realized financially it was the correct decision. NOTE: I live in Canada, so used Elises are still going for $48,000+. I’ve never really been into Corvettes but I have to admit the power/torque is addictive. It may not have the Steering feel / “tossability” of an Elise/ExigeS but I’m impressed at how well the Z06 handles.
How can you go wrong with a car that can run with a Ferrari 360 Modena and a 911Turbo (both straight line and corners)?

Anyway with that said, the Elise/ExigeS is still my dream car and hopefully when the prices in Canada drop to a point I can afford them I’ll pick up a Chrome Orange with Sport pack.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm chiming in here too, i had a Corvette too, i never really liked it because it was big bulky, seemed stupid (I respect the car but I'm not much of muscle car guy, but I always said if there was one american car I'd buy it'd be a corvette, so I did).
I sold it in one month, went looking for a lambo but because of monetary reasons ended up on a lotus, drove it and fell in love, PLEASE test drive the lotus before you buy it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts