The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went by my local Houston Lotus dealer and had a test drive and the guy was very friendly.

He told me that Lotus was about to take a month off production. Does that mean they are retooling for 2009 or is that just a European holiday thing?

Also what would be considered a good deal on an Elise. I don’t mind flying to pick it up so local market value and such isn’t that big of deal.

Also would I have better chance of getting money knocked off by ordering? I know that’s the way it works around here with Porsche since they don’t have to take a chance on it sitting on the lot.

Also I was quoted 900 for a stripe kit. I forgot to ask if that was paint but 800$ for labor is kind of steep if its a sticker.

Thanks in advanced and sorry if I didn’t search deep enough for the info

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Went by my local Houston Lotus dealer and had a test drive and the guy was very friendly.

He told me that Lotus was about to take a month off production. Does that mean they are retooling for 2009 or is that just a European holiday thing?

Also what would be considered a good deal on an Elise. I don’t mind flying to pick it up so local market value and such isn’t that big of deal.

Also would I have better chance of getting money knocked off by ordering? I know that’s the way it works around here with Porsche since they don’t have to take a chance on it sitting on the lot.

Also I was quoted 900 for a stripe kit. I forgot to ask if that was paint but 800$ for labor is kind of steep if its a sticker.

Thanks in advanced and sorry if I didn’t search deep enough for the info

Lotus plant close a month every summer.

You won't get much, if anything off if ordering. The dealer has nothing in the car, it's not inventoried. Because the market is saturated, I think you'll see dealers keeping absolute minimum inventory, and once the current cars on lots are gone, Lotus will pretty much be available order-only, at list, with a few exceptions here and there.

You get deals on cars sitting on the lot/in the showroom that they want to move, to turn into cash. You have WAY more leverage taking existing stock off a dealer's hands.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
At Star motor cars they use decals and $800 for labor is cheap. Putting decals stripes on a lotus is a big pain in the butt.

Your probably not going to get much off a lotus locally as they generally do not have a problem moving lotus at sticker price. I will say that Tim (your sales guy) is great and probably one of the best in the business. The Star Lotus Service department is also Excellent and Mark the service manager will take care of you.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I just did a dual stripe job with one inch offset accent stripes for a local restoration shop. It was cheaper for them to pay me $600 for it than to cut, install, trim, etc all 44 pieces themselves or paint them.

If you think it's too much and want to give it a go yourself I sell stripes to people on here all the time for $100. My local installed rates depending on the job have ranged anywhere from $300-$800 and include a one year warranty.

·
Registered
431 Posts
At Star motor cars they use decals and $800 for labor is cheap. Putting decals stripes on a lotus is a big pain in the butt.

Your probably not going to get much off a lotus locally as they generally do not have a problem moving lotus at sticker price. I will say that Tim (your sales guy) is great and probably one of the best in the business. The Star Lotus Service department is also Excellent and Mark the service manager will take care of you.
+1 on Time be good at what he does :up:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts