The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...or have any dealer gotten a new shipment during the week of 9/19? I think Scottsdale was suppose to get one car this week. I sense a sort of a slow down on deliveries.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Park Place in Bellevue, WA delivered their first customer car - british racing green. It was the only delivery they had.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I would have, but my car came in the wrong color. I'm now back in the waiting game for another 5 months or so. :(

·
Registered
670 Posts
I did

I got mine after only 10 month wait

Yesterday the SY metal model that my wife ordered last November to be my 2003 xmas present came in the mail.

10 month wait for an Elise toy. The box said it was a 2002 Lotus Elise. The plaque on the stand said 2003 111s. Lotus just has to be involved in these as well.

Steve

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
perryeyges said:
Tidalwave,
What are the details? I'm wondering who wouldn't take the car anyway even if the color WAS wrong..
Hell, I'd take the car if it came painted flat avocado green.

·
Registered
963 Posts
perryeyges said:
Tidalwave,
What are the details? I'm wondering who wouldn't take the car anyway even if the color WAS wrong..
Back in March I placed my order, SY with touring. Two weeks later, I changed it to CO, which my dealer confirmed with Lotus. I'd double check every two months to make sure I was still getting CO. I was told yes.

Well, apparently Lotus built my car using an old order sheet. They admitted that they painted it the incorrect color.

I don't want two yellow cars. Back in March my wife and I decided to keep my S2000, which is Spa Yellow. I really don't want two yellow cars.

I've always liked the orange, so I figured if I got another color, I'd be jealous seeing an orange on driving down the street or at a meet. Plus, if I'm spending that much cash, I want my first color choice.

I'll have the S2000 to tide me over, bank up more cash, or just get a C6 and keep the S2000. I honestly don't know what I will decide to do during these additional 5-6 months.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
OMG you're passing on an Elise that's just sitting there waiting for you Dave? Now THAT'S willpower!

I understand what you're saying about the color, but why not enjoy the car for a while and then get a respray? That way you're avoiding any future increases (which seem likely).

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just came back from Maplecrest in NJ and they have two silver Elises on the lot prepped and ready for Saturday's delivery. One with LSS, one without.

P.S. I am counting the number of Elises I can confirm delivery to make sure it does not GO PAST NUMBER 11 (I am number 11)!!!!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Z3convert said:

P.S. I am counting the number of Elises I can confirm delivery to make sure it does not GO PAST NUMBER 11 (I am number 11)!!!!
Cars are not being shipped out to dealers in numerical order. Your car will probably not be exactly #11. If it's not, don't be too upset.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Your right, I was half joking or more like half serious.

I was told my car was built in July and it should be ariving at port this weekend. There may be some light at the end of the tunnel.

I was almost going to ask if you wanted to trade Tidal.
I have the CO coming with all the goodies. I really need the hardtop for the Northeast though.

thanks

·
Registered
963 Posts
Z3convert said:

I was almost going to ask if you wanted to trade Tidal.
I have the CO coming with all the goodies. I really need the hardtop for the Northeast though.

thanks
Take lots of photos of your CO. Keep me motivated. :clap: Why would you trade, you don't like CO?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I almost can't explain it. I think I had a "near" nervous breakdown a few weeks ago. Someone was coming to buy my current love (my Z3) and I was attempting to cope with not having a car to "play with". I did not have any information on my car until this morning and I was getting extremely "antsy". I even looked at the C6. I plain old just wanted my car.

Since then I have learned to relax and just be patient. Not to mention I decided not to sell my Z3 yet. So I am waiting... and hopefully in 30 days I will have it.

I will take lots of pics and I hope to offer everyone still waiting the assurance that its worth it.

And yes, Chrome Orange rules. I have been buying orange clothes, watches, shoes, etc for my wife and I for the last year. She thinks I have totally lost it.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tidalwdave said:
Take lots of photos of your CO. Keep me motivated. :clap: Why would you trade, you don't like CO?
Wow. If it was Lotus' mistake, should they try to get your proper order sooner? Doesn't sound fair to make you go back to the end of the line because they used an old build sheet.

Have you tried calling Lotus USA to help correct the order?

BTW, thanks for the update on deliveries everyone. :clap:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
You must have wanted yellow at one time.
so get the yellow, paint the wheels black and run a black stripe or 2 up the middle.

Or get the car and flip for a tidy sum like others have been
:eek: :D
m

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Z3convert said:
And yes, Chrome Orange rules. I have been buying orange clothes, watches, shoes, etc for my wife and I for the last year. She thinks I have totally lost it.
reminds me of that commercial where some guy is selling his lime green hatchback on autotrader (or some other website).

his wife tells him nobody is going to want that car

next scene shows some dude wearing all lime green with everything in his house painted lime green. the guy practically creams his pants (no offense guys) when he sees this lime green car for sale

:p

·
Registered
94 Posts
Funny you should say that because my 21 year old nephew wants to start saving for the Krypton Green one. This color thing must run in the family.

BTW, I told him even though he is starting to save up for the car now he might want to go ahead and order it now.
(Sorry couldn't resist)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts