The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Wow, not sure where you are but heavy traffic as usual in Central Florida. Maybe even worse with people driving around buying every roll of toilet paper they can find.

Reactions: Robocop305

·
Registered
79 Posts
Schools, businesses, and people in general are shutting down here in Portland. Great for some sunny Lotus driving. As luck would have it, it snowed a bunch this morning and a little more planned for tomorrow. This mid week though! Oh, yeah!

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
814 Posts
I noticed this yesterday when I drove into town with my son to move a desk in my office and grab some telecommuting supplies in case we were officially ordered to stay away (always kind of optional for me, as I'm an IT ops/infrastructure guy, and we, like police, fire, and meter readers, can go just about anywhere at any time if uptime requires). Traffic in town was at about 9 PM weeknight levels at noon on Saturday. Bet the roads will be great all next week with the schools closed and so many businesses with optional or mandatory telecommuting.

I'm changing the oil on the Elise today after completing emergency surgery on the rear clam, but haven't actually dropped it off at the body shop yet and it is perfectly driveable - I think it might get some miles in the next few days!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Schools, businesses, and people in general are shutting down here in Portland. Great for some sunny Lotus driving. As luck would have it, it snowed a bunch this morning and a little more planned for tomorrow. This mid week though! Oh, yeah!
Yeah, of course it doesn't really snow at all in Central Oregon until this week, and now there is a fresh layer of gravel down on all the roads. I guess she'll just be tucked up a little longer... sigh

·
Registered
2006 BRG Elise - The best color
319 Posts
Yeah, the city streets and freeways are vacant over here. Last weekend I thought, "Hey great day to go drive Angeles Crest while no one is out on the roads." What a mistake that was. Get to Angeles Crest and it's packed! Seems like everyone is on the road and all of the turnouts are filled with cars for people hiking. It was so crowded I finally just turned around and drove home. Too many people to enjoy the road.
I'm hoping now that the governer and mayor closed all of the beaches and hiking trails that today might be better. May try Angeles Crest again later today. We'll see.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here in South OC, they're cracking down too. Took a drive down Santiago Canyon Rd. and there were many, many cyclists and all the shoulders were closed down with temporary signs and enforcement, to keep all the congregations of hikers at bay. They just don't get it...of course go out and get exercise, but not in tight groups of 15!

It's much better nearer to home, as I've mapped out my personal Long Beach Grand Prix course. ? Weird how dog walkers & pedestrians wander into the street, away from sidewalks, when traffic is so light. Most roads I'm on are two lanes in both directions, so I stay toward the center to give them room.

·
Less is Better
2,694 Posts
In Seattle, there are still pinheads driving around at 5 mph under the speed limit creating one-person traffic jams. Can't catch a break.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I actually took the top off my Elise and drove her up the west side of Snoquamlie Pass the weekend before last. Just needed to get out of the house! It was dead on i90. Funny thing is....as dead as it was, on the way back home to Snoqualmie, ran into a lone black Elise SC driving down. Out of all other cars to see....I giggled.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I saw a red Ducati doing 160 on the highway. Not sayin' it was mine, but the front end was very light.

San

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I live by the Canyons... I hear loud exhausts and Sport Bikes all day long.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts