The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been following the elise mkt very closely for the past few months and all of a sudden, there has been a influx of both new and used elises...the going rate on ebay and ET has been at msrp or 1-2K over msrp(depending on options)...wonder if the influx will continue and accelerate or slow down soon??...wonder if the prices will go down next spring from all the other cars that will come to open mkt or go up as seasonal uplifting of prices??..only time will tell...goodnews for me since Im still looking pretty hard for good oppurtunities on west coast.

BTW, I am looking for either magnetic or ardent loaded(+/- touring but want lss/HT) elise on west coast for close to msrp...and no Im not crazy!...:)...the mkt is dictating as such...if you have this available, I will buy it from you today!...:)

·
Registered
150 Posts
mact3333 said:
... I will buy it from you today!...:)
Hey mact333 (my neighbor to the south) how about a freindly race... ;)
I also live on the left coast and am in the market for an Elise.
Color wise I'm pretty open with the exception of Orange , Aztec whatever and Black (although black isn't out of the question).
Storm titanium being my number 1 choice.
I want touring, only for the electric windows... Other than that I'm pretty easy.
I will consider having the car shipped to me as long as it doesn't drive the price out of sight, but at this point I've been too lazy to persue dealers outside my area.
I'm on the list at my local dealer, but that number is so high I fear America will no longer be offering gas as a fuel source when I get my call.
So, anyone have a car that fits the bill with mact333's price point?

I'm sure mact333 will win this race (getting his car first), but it's just something else to keep my mind off of waiting for the Elise.

-Jay

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there must be alot more cars on east coast cause all the reasonable people are on the east coast...they are willing to let the cars go for msrp or 1-2K over...all the westcoast people want 50-54K for the car...supply and demand I guess...stinks for us west coasters though...looking more and more like I will have to wait til spring/summer(or maybe never) before I get a car.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
advance one way ticket is cheap. drive it home. or...ship it home for about 1500-1900 bucks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The dealership in Bellevue has two, green and yellow.
Both priced around $58K. The yellow is the current demo car and I believe both are fully loaded including the hard top (not 100% sure about the hardtop for the yellow)

I say we get us a car trailer and make a road trip...

·
Registered
649 Posts
I postulate the reason for this is that those West coasters who already own an Elise more than likely paid a premium to get it this soon. Now that they are selling, they want to pass that premium (and maybe a bit extra) on to the next buyer.

mact3333 said:
there must be alot more cars on east coast cause all the reasonable people are on the east coast...they are willing to let the cars go for msrp or 1-2K over...all the westcoast people want 50-54K for the car...supply and demand I guess...stinks for us west coasters though...looking more and more like I will have to wait til spring/summer(or maybe never) before I get a car.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Are you not willing to shop the other coat and then have the car transported? That may prove to yield quicker results, but I suppose it's just luck of the draw.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,440 Posts
Mact333, I think you'll find some new cars popping up on the east coast for MSRP this winter. Then you'll just have to spring for the transport cost.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Vantage said:
Are you not willing to shop the other coat and then have the car transported? That may prove to yield quicker results, but I suppose it's just luck of the draw.
For the far east coast its around $2000-$2400 for the enclosed transport plus a plane ticket to go see the car and make sure it gets loaded and headed home. I'm up for that it's just a matter of finding the car and making the move... it's the making the move part that's killing/saving me... :D
This forum is sure helping in the mean time though...
thanks all

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if I could get a car at msrp, i will gladly pay for shipping...I just cant do premium and shipping...gotta do things like feed/cloth the kids...:)

·
Registered
150 Posts
mact3333 said:
...gotta do things like feed/cloth the kids...:)
*DOH*... ya know, I was thinking...
I have 2 kids, and I believe the floor mats from the Elise should cover the kids enough to get them to school and back... wow, if I could get the dealer to throw in a car cover... they would have something to wear for the rest of the school year... :evil:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts