The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, my name is Jacques. Some of you will know me from the lotus forum and maybe even some corrado or laverda forums.
Bought my 1990 SE September last year, and drove it the 650 kilometers home. No problems apart from no aircon function, but heater system working just fine. I don't need aircon, and that will be the last thing I'll make, but hopefully someday.
Have since done a few Little Things to it and continue to do that for hopefully a long time. What a joy! An really great driving sports car. Love it to bits!
So far not very difficult to Work on, but time consuming indeed ;)
Since I have no need to drive it daily at all, I just let the tools Down for the day, and continue another day. I don't know a thing about cars, so it takes me a long time to read up on it and then try to do it. But if it's made by man, it can be (re-)made by man, although slowly ;)
As I am new to Lotus in general, I think I'll run into some questions, that i hope to bother you all with ;)

My Esprit was born in 1990 as an SE in Calypso Red with Magnolia leather incl. headliner, fibersunroof, and red carpets, I believe. But I am trying to get the birth certificate for it.
It's lived in Sweden, now in Denmark, and had 4 owners. Been taken care of most of it's life. I'll try to continue that.
I've already done some "personalisation" like seats, gearknob, BOV, fuellines, matts, Wheels and many more small things.
Of all Esprits, I really prefer the SE and Sport300 (way out of my range), but surely also like them all.
I am thankfull for the opportunity to share and ask on the forum(s) and find the Lotus community to be very friendly, both here in Denmark and overseas.

Hope you like it.
Here's a few pics of my car.

Cheers,
Redfox (Jacques).

Attachments

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Very very nice. Welcome!

·
shay2nak
25,130 Posts
damn that's clean

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! Much appreciated.
It's hammering Down with rain here, so I went outside to try dissolving the clearcoat on the outer lips on a set of Futura's I've bought in not so great condition. Actually quite bad. But they will be okay after quite some hours.
Maybe I should start a thread on the car, if possible?
Other than that, I am doing as much service on the car as possible, to make it drive and look good again.

Cheers,
Redfox.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts