The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Welcome Clyde! Pleased you could make it.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Heh! Why does he get a DVD!?!

:)

One can't have too many DVDs you know....

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Hey Jenn, I had the same problem with the Roadkill site.

I guess you're stuck with me here...

Hey Clyde, I'd hoped you'd make it over here. You were the only reason I even still monitored that other site.

Don't know if you've had time to dig through the rest of the posts over here, but a bunch of us were hoping we could buy you lunch or dinner when you're in LA in January. :)

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Yeah someone told me that I was being "paged" on roadfly and I couldnt even log on from home to see. It said I was banned. I was like WTF?

oh well. I have NO idea why that happened.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Okay,

I thought they are called "PMs" for private messages. I have never owned a pager, and I try to lose my cell phone whenever possible.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Howdy Howdy Howdy!

Hi Gang. Good to be aboad. So my question is everyone getting pumped about the federal Elise yet?:cool:
If you haven't had the chance to drive one you need to get behind the wheel of one of the S2 111's making their way around the country. If you love the 111's...and you will... the federal Elise will knock you out! Stay tuned for further announcements and keep your eyes peeled :rolleyes: at the news stands. In the mean time read up on your Lotus history and learn about the marque.... you will love your Elise even more!
BTW Great job Randy!
No Dinner needed but I will do my best to get each of you at the LA show the red carpet treatment at the stand and share my passion for this wonderful automobile.

Cheers,

Clyde
p.s. jenn, Rspeed is putting a new top on the mazdarati. Hector and Joseph are Excellent.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Better than the 111s (which I haven't driven)? This is getting exciting. I think most of us were hoping it would be "as good" as the 111s.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Having driven the 111S last month (and promptly placing my deposti), I have to say if the federal Elise is any better it will be an astounding vehicle. I currently drive an M3 and getting into the Elise took me to another experience (on re-reading this line, I should say I am not talking about the physical act of getting in, which is also an experience ;).

Where the M3 is powerful and extremely well planted to the road, the Elise just bursts with energy. The M3 has the best steering of any car I had driven up to the Elise. It has been awhile since I drove an original Elan, but the Elise combines the exhilaration of the Elan with the performance of the M3. This car is huge FUN unlike so many "performance" cars today. Say goodbye to boring sports cars :D.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Glad to have you with us, Clyde. I have been obsessed with the car since I first saw it in January 2003 at the LA Auto Show. All along I've felt that the US Elise would exceed the already great attributes of the Euro version; glad to hear you confirm that. This will be a special car and I can't wait.

I'm looking forward to the LA Auto show in January 2004. I'm really hoping that you will have a US spec car to show off! In any case, I'm sure that many of us will take you up on your generous offer of red carpet treatment. I look forward to meeting you.

Michael

1 - 20 of 42 Posts