The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Also glad to see you, Clyde! Don't know if I'll be able to make the show yet, but thanks for relaying all our worries, gripes, complaints, and of course our thrill at having this car come our way to 'The Man' back at Lotus HQ.

(and thanks, Randy! Account seems to be working now! I can now whine about the lack of Mono Black as an option without getting locked out by L.A.!)

Cade

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
--snip--I'm looking forward to the LA Auto show in January 2004. I'm really hoping that you will have a US spec car to show off! In any case, I'm sure that many of us will take you up on your generous offer of red carpet treatment. I look forward to meeting you.

Hi Michael,

We will have a US cars to show off. Not only will you be able to see the cars there will be several people from the factory at the show too! Just ask for me when you get to the stand.
There will be several different colours there, a colour chart, options and optioned cars. Lots of things to drool over! See you there!!

Clyde

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Thanks, Clyde. This all sounds great! I think that I'm getting excited about the car again!! Although it's going to be hard to wait until April or May, the auto show should help a lot.

Randy - A group visit to the auto show sounds like a winner. Let's go for it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
And I'll be there Friday morning, Friday afternoon, Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon... Saturday night...so forth and so on
But It will be great to meet people from the lists that I have communicated with over the last two years!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I want to be there very badly. I need to talk my wife into coming with me. If I am flying into LAX, what hotel would be a good one to stay at (close to the convention center and some good restaraunts)?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I used hotels.com for my stay in Paris in March, and was satisfied. At that time, the prices were a little lower than the other major travel sites (there are 1 or 2 that are US-only--I forget which).

There are maps so you know how far away you'll be from the convention center. I took a quick peek, and there is a Holiday Inn just down the block (choose "Dwntwn LA/Convention Center" as the landmark, and then sort by proximity).

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I'm a local, so I don't know much about the hotels in LA, but a guidebook series that I've used a lot for many cities is the "Access" series (London Access, Los Angeles Access, etc.). You could check it out, it's a great guide for hotels, restaurants etc. usually with all price ranges.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
well we have been staying at the court yard at maria del ray for the last two years. don't know if we will be downtown this year or not. Randy, why don't you guys see about getting a group rate somewhere? Would be like a mini LOG! But for new or upcoming owners.
Nick, since you are at least in the area would you be willing to set this up?
Gang this is going to be fun. We would love it to have the people that have deposits, and those who are thinking about it, to show up all together and let us show you Lotus first hand! Tell me if Ferarri or Porsche would do the same. I doubt it. Any ideas would be welcome...please email me @ [email protected] or @ home [email protected]

Cheers,

Clyde

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I think Clyde is referring to staying in Marina del Rey, quite close to the airport (LAX), but not that close to the Convention Center and downtown. Marina del Rey or Santa Monica are great for tourists, but you definitely would want to have a car.

In any case, see Randy's dedicated thread for more info.

I would suggest checking out various hotel finder web sites to get an idea of what's available and prices. If you find something that strikes your fancy and want some advice, I'm sure many of us that live here will try to help. Keep in mind that the Convention Center is not in the best part of town (downtown LA varies widely from homeless dominated slums to very upscale areas and everything in between and can change drastically within a few blocks).

Although LA is a freeway-happy, car-oriented place, we do have a subway system now (Red/Blue/Green/Gold lines). If you want to see where it goes, try http://www.mta.net.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Hi Clyde! Great to see you active on this board too!
I hope the demo cars make it to Utah some time soon. They seem to have been in AZ for a very long time. Don't know if I'll be able to make the LA show. But at least now I can say that I have been in an S1(sport 190). It was a great handling car!
Hope to meet you one of these days, your input on all the sites has been greatly appreciated by everyone.
Cheers, Adamant.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Lotusmonza said:
And I'll be there Friday morning, Friday afternoon, Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon... Saturday night...so forth and so on
But It will be great to meet people from the lists that I have communicated with over the last two years!
I am a newbie here, but good to see you will be at the auto show. I will be at Laguna Seca Friday, Jan.2 driving the S2000 and hope to make it to the auto show maybe Sunday!

Clyde is also my father-in-law's name.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Oh I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting you guys in person.
So is everyone still planning on friday the 2nd @ 10 am?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Lotusmonza said:
Oh I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting you guys in person.
So is everyone still planning on friday the 2nd @ 10 am?
As long as that works for you Clyde. A number of us will be meeting for breakfast and then heading to the show with the plan on being there right when they open.

My only concern is my schedule, since I have my own booth at the show. Seems like I should be there when it opens. :) But I can probably get people to man it for me. I am going to assume that 10:00-11:00am Friday will be light in the Kenetia Hall exhibits.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
According to the web site, the show's not open until 11 am during the week (M-F). So I would assume that we will meet for breakfast and be there right at 11 and show up at the Lotus display at 11:02!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
:)

Keep in mind the lines to get in, and then the distance from the front door to the Lotus area.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts