The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am a canyon drive lover with 2007 Exige S and still learning about the car!:eek:

I've just got new tires last week and now I need to get new brakes. Luckily I got a very handy friend who knows how to replace the brake pads and I am going to try to change the brakes for my Exige under his supervision.

Now I need to get the brake pads, and have googled but I couldn't figure out what kind of brakes I need to get, or where I can get those from. :confused:

Could anyone help me, please?:bow:
Thank you!!

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
welcome :wave:

pictures of the car is necessary :p

Next time: I would say to post your question in the Exige Section, that way more people will check your thread and reply faster. Search threads here for brake related stuff, and make your threat title "brake help?" or something similar. When people here see the thread title, "Hi everyone, I'm new here with a question!:) " they assume that its a newbie with a everyday question.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f91/where-buy-pagid-blues-47875/ if you cant figure out where to buy pagid blue

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
welcome :wave:

pictures of the car is Mandatory :p

Next time: I would say to post your question in the Exige Section, that way more people will check your thread and reply faster. Search threads here for brake related stuff, and make your threat title "brake help?" or something similar. When people here see the thread title, "Hi everyone, I'm new here with a question!:) " they assume that its a newbie with a everyday question.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f91/where-buy-pagid-blues-47875/ if you cant figure out where to buy pagid blue
How many more times serpant :thwack:rotfl

Oh and welcome,

Post pics!

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
oh rite, i forgot :p

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Hi Yuki

Good for you on doing the work yourself. The front brakes are vary EZ to do. The rear are what I call medium EZ.

Be sure to have some needle nose pliers for the rear. You will need them to screw in the rear piston.

Look up … Uberpost read this… much of what you want/need to know is in there,and look up/in sandsmuseum for how to stuff/help.

One more thing…. you need to post some pics:shift:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much! ;)

First, I would like to thank you all for replying to my thread! Arigato~;)
I'll post my question to the right place next time properly!

I'm gonna order the Pagid blues RS 4-2 later and make sure to have some needle nose pliers for the rear.

Thank you, again!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

I'm gonna order the Pagid blues RS 4-2 later and make sure to have some needle nose pliers for the rear.

Thank you, again!
I didnt mean it as a knock, i just meant that posting on the right forum (not this one ;)) with the right title gets to lots and lots of answers fast :D

btw, is that you in the picture or your SO? where is the car in the picture ;)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well, hello hello, Yuki...

;)

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Hi Yuki,

Where you driving around the Palos Verdes area about a month or 2 ago? I think I might have seen you driving on Hawthorne BL in PV, welcome :wave:

Abe

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Since you posted a pic of im assuming your girlfriend/wife, seems you are getting more responses ;)

Post some more pictures of her maybe youll get more replies :p

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Chapster5 :thwack:... Yuki is a girls name. I would assume it’s her car. And there's a guy friend to help…

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi everyone!

serpent:
I didn't take your advice as a knock!;) It totally makes sense and I really appreciate it! btw, it's me in the picture at a park in Palos Verdes.

Marlonius:
Hello, Marlonius!;)

Abe:
It must be me! I do drive around Palos Verdes area sometimes.

sleepe:
Thanks for the link!
I just placed my order of Pagid RS Blue on the Sector 111~

Chapster5:
I've been told that I needed to post my pic, so I posted a pic of myself. Next time, I'll post my Exige pic with my sexy female friends so that I might be able to get more replies! :p

Green Ghost:
You're right! It's a girls name. Thanks for your very useful advice for the works earlier. :)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
(saw this icon Chapster5 made... :))

HI. WELCOME!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

:D :D :D

* Did you guys think I'd not take a shot here? ;)

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
rotflrotflrotfl
Patrick!!!!

Welcome Yuki, come join us at the track some time, and then switch to Hawk HT10s!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Hi Yuki.
PV is where I grew up, and what park in PV is that?
You need to meet up with the Marina Del Ray coffee group every now and then. Good drive through the hills after every one gets organized.

Go to >>> Meets & events >>> Los Angeles Sunday drive

Otherwise maybe (hopefully) see you when I‘m in PV.

Catalina island - catalina LotusTalk Lotus Gallery

Kevin

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
serpent:
I didn't take your advice as a knock!;) It totally makes sense and I really appreciate it! btw, it's me in the picture at a park in Palos Verdes.
I know, i was just making sure you knew that i knew ;):p

since it is you in the picture, :clap::bow::drool:

enjoy :shift::shift:

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Welcome to LT :wave:

First, I would like to thank you all for replying to my thread! Arigato~;)

Thank you, again!
Before you are order the pads measure the brake rotor thickness too as you may need new rotors at the same time. Minimum service thickness is 24.9mm and you should be able to measure without removing the wheel.

PS: I've moved this thread into the correct (brakes) forum but left a shortcut in "I'm New" :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts