The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Closet Petrolhead
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new to the forum, and the proud new owner of a 2011 Lotus Evora. It's so new-to-me, she hasn't even been delivered yet (and I'm going a bit out of my mind waiting for her!), so maybe my post here is a little premature because I don't even have a photo of me+car, haha.

The gentleman I bought her from recommended I read through the forums here for any tips & tricks for new Evora owners. So much great information, although some of it's scary (had nightmares all last night that my Lotus kept stalling at stop signs). Do you have any particular tips/quirks/warnings for a Lotus virgin?

I've signed myself up for the West Coast Lotus Meetup in October (couldn't pass that one up for obvious reasons, but it's also in my home town this year. It was meant to be!). Anybody else going?

Anywho, I look forward to meeting and chatting with you guys here on the forum. I don't have many petrolhead friends (especially not girls), so it'll be nice to have some people to talk to! :p

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard. What colors did you go with?

·
Closet Petrolhead
99 Posts
Thanks! I bought Gasupraman's car. She's dark metallic grey, red interior. Here's the video he took, when it was for sale:

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Like the carbon fiber door handles, pretty car!

·
Closet Petrolhead
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dom, is there a particular name for that color? All it said on the dealer spec was "lifestyle paint."

I liked the carbon fibre bits too. I thought they were well-done. CF can look a bit much sometimes.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Welcome, yes, TONS of great information in here!

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
My Mom had a Mercedes with that color combination way back in HS. I've always liked it.

Congrats and thanks for sharing your excitement!

·
Closet Petrolhead
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah, right - carbon grey, the official name. See what a noob I am?

I AM excited. Montway took forever in picking the car up from S.Carolina, and I nearly went homicidal. It's my first sports car. Absolutely fell in love with one at a local dealership. I'd always been an Aston Martin girl, until I drove the Evora.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Welcome and Congrats to another CG owner!

I've had mine ~4 years now, and October will be her second WCLM. We will have to get a little sub-corral organized at the event to show them off.

Cheers,

·
Closet Petrolhead
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can't wait to meet you guys at the WCLM. I'm ridiculously excited, and it's so many months away. I've never tracked a car, so I'm really looking forward to that, as well as the autocross and the banquet at the Nat'l Auto Museum. I've worked with the Nat'l Auto Museum many times before on various historical conferences and whatnot, and have gotten quite familiar with the collection. If you've never been, you're in for a treat. In addition to the Lotus 38 Indie car, some of my favorites are the Thomas Flyer, the Silver Ghost, the gullwing merc (ivory with a red interior, to die for!), and of course the gold-plated DeLoreon, one of two ever made. It's mental.

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. There are a few other women here, Ravenred and I both have Evoras, and there are several Elise/Exige owners as well. Do wander over to the Evora thread and post a pic as soon as you get your car.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Welcome, we need more women on the site. You can PM another female member: imstillonjava, I sold her a set of CF aero plates last week for her Elise. I know this sounds sexist, but I was surprised that a woman would spend that kind of money on anything other than designer shoes; especially when it's an item that's not normally visible.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts