The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many many weeks and months of searching for my first British vehicle, it was much harder than I had anticipated to find a car I actually wanted. Sure, there was the newly released Jaguar F-Type - beautifully anointed with a staggeringly epic soundtrack yet slightly too expensive. Then there was the Range Rover Evoque - much more my price range with an excellent set of features but let's be honest, its no sports car. ;) And lets not forget, BOTH are owned by Tata.

And then, one day, I happened upon a used 2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage with low miles - about 4000 miles on the clocks to be precise. Asking nearly $60,000 my first thought was "I can HAVE an ASTON?!?" I proceeded to call all the relevant folk, and set up a test drive.

On the day of the test drive, here I am - excited as can be - to drive one of my all time favorite cars. So I drive into the lot, and make a bee line to the Aston...and stopped about 20 feet away. Instead of the Aston, I was looking at a 2012 Lotus Evora S 2+0 for an extremely reasonable price in Motorsport Black. Guess which one I walked away with?

TL;DR Hi Lotus Talk!

And as a real quick note for those who read my long winded buyer story - yes I know they are owned by Proton. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
That would be a tough choice for me too. That's a great deal on the Aston. Welcome to the community. Be sure to check the uberthreads. There are a lot of friendly helpful people here. What part of CA are you in?

·
Less is Better
2,981 Posts
After many many weeks and months of searching for my first British vehicle, it was much harder than I had anticipated to find a car I actually wanted. Sure, there was the newly released Jaguar F-Type - beautifully anointed with a staggeringly epic soundtrack yet slightly too expensive. Then there was the Range Rover Evoque - much more my price range with an excellent set of features but let's be honest, its no sports car. ;) And lets not forget, BOTH are owned by Tata.

And then, one day, I happened upon a used 2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage with low miles - about 4000 miles on the clocks to be precise. Asking nearly $60,000 my first thought was "I can HAVE an ASTON?!?" I proceeded to call all the relevant folk, and set up a test drive.

On the day of the test drive, here I am - excited as can be - to drive one of my all time favorite cars. So I drive into the lot, and make a bee line to the Aston...and stopped about 20 feet away. Instead of the Aston, I was looking at a 2012 Lotus Evora S 2+0 for an extremely reasonable price in Motorsport Black. Guess which one I walked away with?

TL;DR Hi Lotus Talk!

And as a real quick note for those who read my long winded buyer story - yes I know they are owned by Proton. :)
Jaguar F-Type. Aston Vantage. Lotus Evora. Range Rover?

"Which one of these things is not like the other, which of these things just doesn't belong?"

It's like looking to buy horses and deciding to put a dog on the list.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Welcome and congratulations! What part of California are you in?
I'm in the Monterey Area.

Jaguar F-Type. Aston Vantage. Lotus Evora. Range Rover?

"Which one of these things is not like the other, which of these things just doesn't belong?"

It's like looking to buy horses and deciding to put a dog on the list.
Yes, I know, but its how I've always bought by cars. I just look at what ever catches my fancy - whether it be a Mazda MX-5 or a Toyota Camry. Suffice it to say, I was dead set on British so I tried a bunch of cars out and narrowed it down to those cars. I had to weight practicality, overall niceness and price as well. The Range Rover was my most practical choice. Everything else were mostly fueled by wants. You should have seen all the cars I looked at when I first started looking! :p

Is that the V8 Vantage at the Redondo Land Rover? If so they've been advertising it for way over 60k. Anyway, congrats on the new purchase!
Actually, it is one up here in Los Gatos at Los Gatos Luxury Cars. They are actually asking $62.5k but its on consignment so you can probably get it less if you can convince the actual owner to take the money. They take a straight fee regardless of what it sells for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts