The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to say hello to everyone and share few lines about myself with the community. I'm a former owner of r53 mini. I sold the mini last summer and now looking for something that's blast to drive like the r53. I joined the lotus community because I'm in the market looking for a lotus because I like its simplicity (less electronics), and the lightweight is a BIG +. This lotus will be a weekend car to enjoy driving, no tracking, autoX, or dd due to I have another car for my daily commuting. Enough about me! Thanks for reading :)

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Indeed.... now if we could just get rid of all this white crap on the roads :facepalm

-M

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome! There are lots of former Mini owners here who have either added, or replaced with Loti. I'm currently running an '06 R53 on a daily basis and dreaming of warmer days to get my Elise back on the road.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Welcome! Yes, another MINI (2004 R53) and Lotus owner!
Good luck finding a car.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hello from a former MINI R56 track rat. I live in Bloomfield. Still very much a track rat and i'm working on getting ready for the 2014 track season with my '05 Elise.

I only got to drive around in my Elise for about three weeks because of needing to address a couple of recals and do some paint work. However, the sensation I get when driving the car is unique in its own right. It is very much different than the MINI. The minute you sit in the seat you feel like you're in a race car, and it essentially is. These are very special cars. I wouldn't ever drive it daily in traffic because of the attention it grabs and ability to make people drive like fools around it. Fun is what this car is all about :D

Maybe we'll see you around!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Indeed.... now if we could just get rid of all this white crap on the roads :facepalm

-M
For real. I worry with the sheer quantity built up that it may take till May for it all to melt and stop wetting down the roads with pure nastiness.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Strange..... moved here (Watkins Glen NY ) from MI last August and there are more Lotus's in MI !!! ( I'm the only Elise in this area !! )

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Wow another MINI to Lotus convert in Michigan. That makes at least 5 of us in this thread alone!

Were you involved with MMMC at all?

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
make that 6.
There must be something to it. :shrug: MINIs seem to be the gateway drug to Lotus ownership.

Before I had my Elise I always told people my MINI was my Poor Man's Elise. It was small, British, rode rough, and handled well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts