The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :)

Got my first Lotus in Oct-2012, and now just joined the forum :bow:
My car is an Elise S2 (2001). It replaced a Porsche 951 S (turbo), and the Lotus is definitely more fun :clap:
My Elise has been converted from RHD to LHD as it was imported from the UK second hand. (original plates 2241 UP)
There is no Lotus dealer in Norway. But there are is a good local garage in my area (Stavanger). Anyway I have to take up some of the work myself. I live on a farm and has rebuild one of the silos to a workshop :D
The Lotus is my daily car from April-Oct. Distance to work is around 50 km, so the Elise is undertaking around 100 km per day on winding roads :cool:
Milage now is ca 79 000 miles.

Cheers Tore

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
:wave:

Hello from America.

I'd love to see a silo garage, please post a picture.

How many months a year do you get to drive your car?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Silo garage

Hi,

Get to drive my Elise basically from April-October.

IMG_1630.jpg

See picture of Silo-garage :D

Cheers Tore

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice setup Tore and welcome! By the way I saw your other thread about the oil from the lower bolt hole. Sounds like your rear seal is going. Better to replace it now as it will only get worse later. Should be a cheap part.

Corvus

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

Thanks.
The new flywheel is fitted and oil tight with new bolts. I wonder if it´s worth it dismantling and changing the seal? Is it hard or difficult the renew? Does it come off from rear outside behind the flywheel?
Allot of questions :)
Tore

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
your garage is round!? so cool :) welcome!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi,

Some more pictures :)

IMG_1501.jpg

The garage has high doors to get the Fendt tractor and the LR Discovery in there :D

IMG_1662.jpg

Horses are great fun!

Cheers
Tore

·
Registered
273 Posts
Welcome :)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Seal itself should be easy to pull using a 10 dollar seal puller.(not sure what it costs there but they are usually cheap!). Access should be behind the flywheel, although I haven't done one on this particular engine. Just remember oil will eventually find a way out and onto your awesome silo floor!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi again :)
I already fitted the new flywheel, and it is oil-tight now. I think I´ll just go ahead. If I just changed the clutch I would never have noticed :) It´s only as I loosened the flywheel-bolts it started leaking..Hope I´m not making a stupid decision :eek:
Cheers Tore

1 - 17 of 17 Posts