The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new member here! Also new to Lotus! I am a die hard vette girl (have only owned vettes since the early 90's and currently have a grand sport convertible. I also have an NSX-T. I love American muscle and i love foreign supercars too! I was planning to order a new C7 when i finally occurred to me that i need to step outside the box and i don't need a 2nd vette because i'm not selling my GS....so, as i was digging around researching all of the amazing sports cars out there, the Lotus Evora stood out above all of the rest.:bow: I think it's stunning and after watching the Lotus Evora Factory video on youtube, i was hooked and had to have one. Have been searching high and low for one that didn't have the back seat and that was IPS but finally found one in Tx. I should have it in a week or so. I'm so excited!!:coolnana:
White over venom red with the gloss black wheels. :D

i have only one concern about this car, i have read horror stories about the security system...what's this about once you unlock the door, you have 40 seconds to get the key in the ignition or the engine will be disabled??? did i hear this right? this is awful and i need to learn more about this and is there a way to turn this off?? i'm kinda freaking about this actually...
opinions or comments??

Nice to meet you all! :wave:
April

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome , I also owned many vettes about 12 I think, you'll love the lotus as you will not pull up next to one at every light like the vette, warning you will get hooked ! Instead of the old days when I had 2 vettes in the driveway now it's 2 lotus's. Remember the lotus was built for curves not 1/4 mile :)
The 40 second thing is nothing you just have to hit the unlock button on the fob again. The sensor in the car is too sensitive at least on mine but you can disable it when you lock the car .
Hopefully your car is under warranty , it takes a few trips to the dealer and some miles on the car to sort everything out ( hand built quality ;) )
Keep us posted as you receive and drive your new lotus and enjoy!

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Welcome, thanks for sharing your excitement!

Ours sits in the garage unlocked all the time. Just get in, press the middle button on the fob to disarm alarm and off you go.

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome , I also owned many vettes about 12 I think, you'll love the lotus as you will not pull up next to one at every light like the vette, warning you will get hooked ! Instead of the old days when I had 2 vettes in the driveway now it's 2 lotus's. Remember the lotus was built for curves not 1/4 mile :)
The 40 second thing is nothing you just have to hit the unlock button on the fob again. The sensor in the car is too sensitive at least on mine but you can disable it when you lock the car .
Hopefully your car is under warranty , it takes a few trips to the dealer and some miles on the car to sort everything out ( hand built quality ;) )
Keep us posted as you receive and drive your new lotus and enjoy!
Nice to know there are other former Vette people here! i was afraid i would get dogged! ha.
Hubby has a Z06 and is ordering the new Z06 as soon as he can, when released, so we have had two vettes here for a long time as he's a junkie too. I am excited at trying something new and have heard great reviews of this car. So awesome that you have two!! :nanner:
yes, this car i bought has just a few miles on it, 2012 so it still has some warranty. So you're saying i will need to hit the unlock button twice? whew, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2005 Elise
210 Posts
Congratulations! I'm looking at an Elise myself and hope to have something soon.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Welcome to the club!

In our area as far as I know there are a few of us.

My wife and I own two (Elise and Exige) and are also actively involved in AutoX. Our friend also owns and Exige and we all live in the same place.

Wayne Presley of Very Cool Parts in Enterprise owns a few Elise racecars and is an active Club Racer. He is great for questions and can Dyno for you.

And there are two Elises in Dothan that we know of.

Feel free to PM me!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Welcome and I'll bet the wait is killing you. You will absolutely love it. Don't worry about the little Lotus things, you'll learn them. Tons of great info here so search and ask a lot of questions. :shift:

·
Registered
412 Posts
The most important thing is if you don't drive it daily. Keep your door unlocked. Please use this information.
What he said!

The Evora draws a lot of current from the battery while parked.

Do NOT let the battery go dead with the doors locked! :no:

Use a battery tender when you aren't driving it daily. :shift:

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the club!

In our area as far as I know there are a few of us.

My wife and I own two (Elise and Exige) and are also actively involved in AutoX. Our friend also owns and Exige and we all live in the same place.

Wayne Presley of Very Cool Parts in Enterprise owns a few Elise racecars and is an active Club Racer. He is great for questions and can Dyno for you.

And there are two Elises in Dothan that we know of.

Feel free to PM me!
Hi Bobby! i did PM you but i'm too new here and i guess you didn't get my pm...I'm Bryan Hooks wife, you three were at at track event together i think..he told me about you and your wife having the Lotus pair! :nanner:
I work at Shell..:) so excited to have the Evora arrive soon...I guess i'm the only one that will have one in this area. Thanks for all the info!!! Bryan said HI! :up:

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What he said!

The Evora draws a lot of current from the battery while parked.

Do NOT let the battery go dead with the doors locked! :no:

Use a battery tender when you aren't driving it daily. :shift:
thank you! this is good, important info that i do indeed need to know! thanks much!

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
So when are we going to Road Atlanta? Sign up is open for late Feb with Chin.

Now there will be two Lotus chicks at Rucker. That's what everyone calls Eden at Knox!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Welcome! I'm in Huntsville/North AL.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I attend school at South Alabama in Mobile, AL

·
Registered
424 Posts
thank you! this is good, important info that i do indeed need to know! thanks much!
Welcome, April, and congratulations on your new acquisition.

There are a lot of Vetters on the board (I used to have a C5, but missed my Europa TC and went with an Elise)...now lusting after a Cup car.

I think you will love your Evora, as the experience is so, well, different than America's sports car, including a GS, which is a fine choice as well.

Let us know about your experiences.

Stephen.

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So when are we going to Road Atlanta? Sign up is open for late Feb with Chin.

Now there will be two Lotus chicks at Rucker. That's what everyone calls Eden at Knox!
LOL! he looked at the Chin event online last night and said "hey Bobby signed up!" haha I have been encouraging him to go! I on the other hand can't ever go away on a weekend event like that due to the pets...it's like having about 6 little two year old's at the house and they, being strange pets, require a lot of unique care....so, going away for a weekend is not an option for me. That's why he gets to go do all the fun stuff and i stay home to take care of critters...lol.
I wish i could go though!! no one to babysit that i would trust in my home. I wondered which airfield your Wife was at.....Bryan didn't remember. Would love to meet you guys!! maybe at a more local type event! :wave:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts