The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just joined the forum, heard lots of good things about it and seems like there is some good chat and tech info here. I currently run a 99, Elise S1.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Hello and welcome to LT.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Yeah, there is an unwritten rule here that you have post photos... some of us can't read. :D Is your S1 K (Rover), Toyota, Honda, Audi or Ford powered? Are you looking for anything in particular? It seems like there wouldn't be much technical stuff on S1s here although there are S1s in the US. For suspension information, to make the car handle, I go to the Lotus sites (SELOC) on your side of the pond... the Brits care more about handling more that us Yanks do. Over here, most are more impressed with acceleration (raw HP) than with handling...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Where in the UK are you from? There are a few British ex-pats like myself on here.

Me? I'm originally from Cheshunt. I went to school just around the corner from Delamare Road, where Lotus had their factory from 1959-1966.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, there is an unwritten rule here that you have post photos... some of us can't read. :D Is your S1 K (Rover), Toyota, Honda, Audi or Ford powered? Are you looking for anything in particular? It seems like there wouldn't be much technical stuff on S1s here although there are S1s in the US. For suspension information, to make the car handle, I go to the Lotus sites (SELOC) on your side of the pond... the Brits care more about handling more that us Yanks do. Over here, most are more impressed with acceleration (raw HP) than with handling...
Will Post some pics soon! My car is a K-Series, fairly original running a few mods, alloy throttle body, S2 Bilstein suspension, S2 Probax seats, Alloy Rad, Braided brake hoses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where in the UK are you from? There are a few British ex-pats like myself on here.

Me? I'm originally from Cheshunt. I went to school just around the corner from Delamare Road, where Lotus had their factory from 1959-1966.
I had a stint living out in Cali, Huntington Beach but I came back to the UK in 2010. I'm based in Surrey now.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I had a stint living out in Cali, Huntington Beach but I came back to the UK in 2010. I'm based in Surrey now.
Oh, I used to live in OC too (Laguna Beach), and my wife is from Fountain Valley. We know HB well (her better than me having lived near by for most her life - so far).

We are now in the Bay Area (much better up here on so many levels). We do talk about moving to the UK though. Being in tech, for me it's about finding the right job opportunity.

After our recent trip to the UK over Christmas/New Year, we feel even stronger about moving back (or for her, moving there).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts