The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to this forum by way of the Ducati motorcycle forum. I am selling my house this month and may dedicate some of the proceeds to a sports car. I put up a post to that effect on the Ducati list and the Lotus Elise came up again and again.

And I am intrigued. It appears to present incredible performance for the money. And they appear to be a perfromance care with little pretense to "luxury".

My budget is likley 25-28K and I believe I can get a 2005 Elise for that.

So the adventure begins.

It will be good to get to know you all.

Rob Feightner
2005 Ducati 999
2000 Ford Explorer (Fast becoming a beater.)
Albuquerque, NM

·
Registered
311 Posts
Seems like a strange time to sell a house, i thought NM had one of the highest foreclosure rates as well. But if you were to sell a house for any reason buying a lotus is definitely high on the list.

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Welcome :wave:

There is a connection between the Elise and Ducati - the designers owned Ducatis! You can see more about it in the Making of the Elise video (see below - its about he original and a couple of hours so watch when you have a chance :) )
Making of the Elise

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Hi.....welcome. :wave:

Lots of Ducati fans here! You'll be in good company.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems like a strange time to sell a house, i thought NM had one of the highest foreclosure rates as well. But if you were to sell a house for any reason buying a lotus is definitely high on the list.
The market in Albuquerque is a little better than much of the nation. But the house was on the market 9 months. The price we are getting is a little better than I thought we would get. My wife and I are seperated and we are selling it for that reason.

Rob Feightner

·
Registered
664 Posts
In short: I testdrove an Exige - and bought it. Then i tried Monster 696 - bought it too. No regrets.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
If you are used to riding a motorcycle then you should be fine.

As one forum member here said, "it's the most practical motorcycle on the road."

I have been riding sport-bikes for over 15 years. Due to a severe accident, I am unable to ride anymore and bought my Lotus after one drive. The riding jones is now gone for me.

Duc, Bimmer, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Aprilia - It doesn't matter. One drive in a Lotus and you'll be hooked.

Don't waste time here, go to the dealer and drive it and form your own pool of drool.

My biggest regret is not buying my Lotus sooner.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Yak52pilot, you know you can delete posts rite??

Rob, Welcome!!

Lots of bike lovers here so you will definitely feel at home :D. I cant afford a Ducati yet :( so for now i'm sticking with busa and gsxr.

Actually you might be able to help me with a bike question (PM sent).

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome, Rob.

Aedo said it right.

Zitat from "Elise Rebirth of the true Lotus":

The no-compromise attitude of Ducati and the pride of ownership instilled by its 916 superbike inspired the Lotus designers and engineers.
Like the Elise, the Ducati 916 offers tantalising glimpses of its structure, which is as beautiful as the bike itself.

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,134 Posts
good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts