The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I'd like to say that I'm impressed with the level of thought provoking questions and intelligent answers I've seen so far on this site. Coming from other forums with less mature audiences, it's pretty refreshing.

I don't have a lotus at the moment, but it is in the works. I'm still learning and trying to figure out what i want. I recently purchased a WRX as a nice, practical all weather car that I hope to hold on to until and after I get my lotus. The plan is to move to suburbia where I can have my own garage before purchasing. Yes, planning my life around a car.

I know it's been asked a million times, I've seen a giant viking man get into an Elise, but I want to know if any one had any experience fitting at close to my exact size. I'm 6'3 about 215-220 lbs. I'm kind of "small" 6'3 though. I fit in a 350Z without a problem, even with the seat not all the way back. I fit in an S2000, but my head is over the windshield. Anyone right around this size? I know it's unlikely, but anyone local to the Boston area that would let me try to sit in theirs?

Hello and Thanks,

Marc

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
the type of people we have here, i would expect someone local would be happy to have you try one on.
you came to the right forum.
good luck, sam

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
bro, you gotta drive one - you'll learn SOOOOO much in that first ride.

everything from how you fit, to how smooth the shifter is, to how responsive the engine is, to how damned loud it is, to how low you are to the ground... and other things, nuances, things that may make it so you don't like it, or LOVE it... make no mistake, you will either love or hate it.

welcome and enjoy your voyage on the way to your new Lotus

·
Registered
216 Posts
A ride or two is the way to go. Keep up the perseverance and you'll get a chance to try one on for size. Keep in mind, tho that they are dangerous cars--once you get in, you'll never want to get out!

·
Super Moderator
3,145 Posts
Thanks, doesn't seem to be a whole lot of activity there though?

I think an Aston Martin dealership near me sells lotuses also. I'll see if they're open tomorrow, it's patriot's day here in mass and most everything is closed.
NELLI is active but doesn't post much on that board.

If you want to reach Boston owners you need to post a new thread in the Northeast forum.

That dealership does sell Lotus but good luck with a test drive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NELLI is active but doesn't post much on that board.

If you want to reach Boston owners you need to post a new thread in the Northeast forum.

That dealership does sell Lotus but good luck with a test drive.
I don't really want to bother anyone to sit in their private car, to be honest. My main purpose was to see if I would be able to fit. After a trip to the dealership... well, it's gonna be close. I sat in an Exige and I'm still not sure if I'll be able to fit or not. The guy working there told me someone was trading an Elise in a couple of weeks and I got the impression I'd be able to test drive that, but I haven't made the effort to call him back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts