The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site and the world. I am not quite old enough to drive yet, but wondering if I will fit in a Lotus? Is it possible to daily drive a Lotus? Are they reliable?

If my granddad builds me a Caterham 7 that matches my dads, I might use that instead of a Lotus, this way we can be cool at car shows and the like.....

Introducing Kai, born July 21st, 2009 :wave:

What do mean I can't drive?!?!

Oh well then, I'll just put my feet up and relax instead...

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Happy Birthday Kai !!!!!!!!!! ( well, your feet are the right size ! )

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi, and Welcome. Nice choice for a name!

To answer your questions:

Yes, you'll fit fine in a Lotus until you're no longer flexible enough to get in and out.

No, a Lotus cannot be used as a Daily Driver. It is very important to have a different Lotus for each day of the week.

The behaviour of a Lotus can certainly be relied upon.

Generational car show appearances would be great.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Valenz;1325758 No, a Lotus cannot be used as a Daily Driver. It is very important to have a different Lotus for each day of the week.

This is Soooooo True.

Congratulations on Kai.

My son Colin was born Feb 1 2009 and it changed my perspective on Lotus onwership - and the extent of the collection (he;s why I bought the Plus 2). I can't wait until he can hold a spanners. Those little hands and skinny arms will be great to get into Lotus spaces I don't fit into.

Congrats again,

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is Soooooo True.

Congratulations on Kai.

My son Colin was born Feb 1 2009 and it changed my perspective on Lotus onwership - and the extent of the collection (he;s why I bought the Plus 2). I can't wait until he can hold a spanners. Those little hands and skinny arms will be great to get into Lotus spaces I don't fit into.

Congrats again,

:up: you really are obsessed with Lotus, between your personal "museum" and naming your kid Colin..... rotfl

( I fought hard for Chapman as a middle name, but the wife nixed it :( )

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
:up: you really are obsessed with Lotus, between your personal "museum" and naming your kid Colin..... rotfl

( I fought hard for Chapman as a middle name, but the wife nixed it :( )

Thanks!

Interestingly when my wife and I discussed baby names friction came with girl names. I wanted Brigitta - from one of the girls in the Sound of Music. My wife wanted - and was going to get - Nadia, until the thing between the legs was seen on the ultrasound.

When it came to a boy name I was indifferent and my wife had no preference. Knowing how into Lotus I am she suggested we use a Lotus related name so I started running down the List of F1 race winning drivers.

Stirling
Innes
Jim Clark
Graham
Jo Siffert
Jochen
Emerson
Ronnie
Mario
Gunnar
Elio
Ayrton

I liked Clark and Garaham, but my wife didn't. She liked Emerson. nuf said.

She actually suggested Colin and I agreed. I would say Colin Chapman was the inspiration for the name but Colin is not named in honor of him. Small distiction I know.

I do like Kai. Where did it come from.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Congratulations Morgan!! How is Mrs. Mopho doing?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Kai means ocean or sea in hawaiian... is that the meaning you were shooting for? :p

also, he should know to use google and not the search function because the search function is full of fail

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
It's a Restaurant !! ...........oh.....no, that's Lo Kai....
Lo Kai Restaurant
rotfl

or was that Kai Lo............

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Congrats Morgan!:bow:
An amazing experience, being a dad isn't it?:D

Now are you going to move to Westlake, leaving Culver City behind?
(just kidding, just kidding.....)

When will Kai's first drive in your Caterham?

--Hal

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Interestingly when my wife and I discussed baby names friction came with girl names. I wanted Brigitta - from one of the girls in the Sound of Music. My wife wanted - and was going to get - Nadia, until the thing between the legs was seen on the ultrasound.

When it came to a boy name I was indifferent and my wife had no preference. Knowing how into Lotus I am she suggested we use a Lotus related name so I started running down the List of F1 race winning drivers.

Stirling
Innes
Jim Clark
Graham
Jo Siffert
Jochen
Emerson
Ronnie
Mario
Gunnar
Elio
Ayrton

I liked Clark and Garaham, but my wife didn't. She liked Emerson. nuf said.

She actually suggested Colin and I agreed. I would say Colin Chapman was the inspiration for the name but Colin is not named in honor of him. Small distiction I know.

I do like Kai. Where did it come from.
I started off by joking about Chapman for the middle name, but then thought it sounded cool despite the history. Wife couldn't see it my way though.

Kai is big ocean in Japanese (and Hawaiian apparently), my wife is Japanese. I wanted a Japanese name, and one day my wife saw the name in a japanese magazine and told me about it and I said "sure", it was the only one we came up with rotfl
Figured it was Japanese enough sounding and Amuricans could pronounce it too :cool:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Congratulations Morgan. :clap::clap:

(I guess this is the reason, there hasn't been a Taco Tuesday this year :D)

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats Morgan!:bow:
An amazing experience, being a dad isn't it?:D

Now are you going to move to Westlake, leaving Culver City behind?
(just kidding, just kidding.....)

When will Kai's first drive in your Caterham?

--Hal

Westlake is beneath me, moving to Bev Hills (as soon as I cash this Lottery ticket) ;)

It is amazing experience. I really didn't want to have children, and fought it for much of the process (well except for the making it part), but I cried ( I can admit it) when I held him :eek:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts