The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
but i saw a red elise at a car and bike show today :cool:

i have to admit, i haven't looked at or felt anything from cars in the past 4 years, but that lotus absolutely floored me.

i got my first bike 4 years ago and that's why the cold shoulder... :eek:

just picked up the bike below in mid-February. must have broken 1600 miles today, and have my first two trackdays on the new machine scheduled for the 28th and 29th of april at NHMS in loudon, NH.

anyways, i'm seriously considering picking up a lotus after today as it seems like a really good fit for what i look for in driving/riding, and the MSRP seems pretty decent, surprisingly. i also noticed lotus has a phantom black paint to match my bike lol. when i say "fit" i mean that the lotus looks to be made to carve corners, not that i'll at all be ripping it up on the street.

I couldn't find much on the differences between models, but could someone explain, or point me in the right direction towards more information in helping me choose between the elise and exige? all i've got so far is what i gathered from the lotus website... which wasn't too much.

i seriously didn't give two craps about cars, until i saw that elise up close today. :drool:

thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
...I couldn't find much on the differences between models, but could someone explain, or point me in the right direction towards more information in helping me choose between the elise and exige? all i've got so far is what i gathered from the lotus website... which wasn't too much...
welcome to ET.
if you want to read what's been written (which is a considerable amount) about the elise/exige subject, try an advanced search.
change to a titles only search and use the following:

elise* exige*

enjoy reading. but be aware that the exige discussions will largely be focused on the MY06 and MY07's. the specs for the MY08's are scattered around this site and perhaps the LCUSA (lotus US corp) site.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Welcome! My story here is similar to yours. I was a happy motorcycle trackday enthusiast when I learned about the Lotus, and I had to have one. Sure it looks good, but when I learned about it's light weight, handling, and track prowess I was almost entirely sold. The test drive sealed the deal.

Awesome bike, by the way!

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Oh yeah, the differences between the Elise and the Exige...
In my opinion, the differences are relatively insignificant. Get the one that looks the best to you!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
like ace said, there are countless threads/discussion on the question of elise/exige. Do a few searches and you'll have a few days (or years LOL ) of reading. My short answer would be focus on an elise. Given the background of not really being a car guy, the elise would be the perfect place to start. It'd take you quite sometime to approach the limits of the elise, and you'd save yourself the exige price markup. in a few years upgrade!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
That is one gorgeous Triumph! I saw one parked near my house while walking the dog today and it stopped me in my tracks. While I was checking it out, the owner came out of his house and said, "Hey, you're the guy who has that Lotus, aren't you?" Motorcyclists seem to really "get" the whole Lotus idea.

Tom

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Motorcycles, killing my need for a 240 S more and more everyday. :D

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Great looking bike! :up: Welcome!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
It's ok, we won't hold it against you.....

Oh, wait, neither do I.....

Welcome.... :wave:
Not the same, you had one Tracy.
How is the Porsche doing?

Thats ok, we don't hate someone because they don't have a Lotus. Welcome!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts