The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I recently was put on a waiting list for the elise by Summit Lotus in summit New Jersey. I ordered a yellow elise =) hope to have it by march 30th.

Has anyone gotten a car from them or placed a order?

Has anyone gotten their elise early? If so how?

Has anyone herd anything about the upgraded suspension from lotus? is it worth it or should i go with a aftermarket suspension?

Great Forum,
Yuri MK:D

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Hi Yuri, welcome to the forum and thanks!

The cars are supposed to arrive in April, or perhaps May/June. There is some conflicting information. However, the earliest we have heard is April 2004. How quick you can get a car also then depends on your place on the waiting list. Many dealers have already taken orders and have waiting lists of 30-40 people. That may mean a delivery of your car in late summer or fall of 2004.

I am waiting to hear more about the Sport Suspension option.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Would you reccomend to goto a bigger dealer ship or stay with my current dealer? I am # 29 on the current list.

The dealer told me i should get my car from march 30th to April 30th. And I am hoping he's not lieing to me. :D

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
As I understand it, the electric windows/locks will be standard on all cars. The optional hardtop will be $1500. I think I am getting a hardtop and the sports suspension.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My dealer told me 800 for HardTop and 400 for electric windows and mirrors.

I think there is an imformation barrier between dealers.

and Suspension is $3,500...

Randy, Did you get a price for the suspension upgrade?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI All,
Keep in mind, it's pure speculation what the car and options will cost. The only more/less firm thing is price to be in the 38,500 range. I'm pretty sure the central locking power windows will be standard on the car, probably a/c too.

Chris
PS>I don't really expect to see firm numbers until late 03 probably about the time of the LA show, which starts first week of January.

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
True that. But most of the info we have heard or read seems to be in agreement. From 2 years ago, the car would be $38,500 list price and have a $1500 hardtop option. That is all. And until the mention of the sport suspension $2000 option, nothing has indicated anything else.

The verbal discussions I have had with someone from Lotus, and from my dealer also agree with this.

And on the other side, we have this one dealer saying (reportedly) some strange things with different pricing, and also claiming that someone that is lower on the waiting list, can get a car before the cars are even scheduled to arrive. Hmmm....

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Yes, but I am saying there is nothing about Lotus or the Elise on their site. They are obviously focused on Lincoln-Mercury. Compare that to other dealers like Symbolic who feature Lotus on their site.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, I am just saying perhaps it is an indication of a new dealership, or a dealership that is not putting a lot of focus on this new car other than taking deposits.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts