The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just wanted to join your awesome forum and learn more about the Lotus Elise (in which I want to buy one in the near future). Since I've owned a few mr2's, I guess the next step up is the Lotus :)

Thread's suck without pictures so here's a few.

Current car:

Previous car:

All the best.

p.s. Mid-Rear FTW!!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Many of the ETers on here are former owners. I am Node on the mr2 boards. Haven't been there in a while.... well since I bought my S60R and Elise.

It will take some getting used to after coming over from a plush toyota interior LOL

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
welcome i am a current MR-S owner...tons of mods, trophies and mag coverage, but currently under the knife to recieve a few make overs

she used to look like this

and yes the next sensible thing(upgrade) after an MR2/MR-S would be a Lotus Elise or Exige

btw sweet SW20

·
Registered
974 Posts
Welcome, hmong337! Once you get the lotus, I don't think you'd want to drive the mr2 anymore. I was the original owner of a 91 mr2 turbo and sold it when I blew the stock motor after 17 years. I'm glad I didn't keep it after getting my Lotus because I know I'd never/rarely drive it again.

Node on mr2oc.com? Are you one of the mr2 v6 swappers? I always wanted to have the swap done but I live in smog unfriendly CA.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Welcome...

had an MR2 back in 1987.. Lol

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I have driven a few of them.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Welcome! I'm one of the many former MR2 owners here; your car looks great and reminds me of mine. I think you'll find the Elise to be a lot like the MR2, just enhanced in almost every way.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Welcome! There are definitely some MR2 threads floating around LT. Your MR2 looks very clean - and is in white, which IMHO is the nicest MR2 factory color. Do all of the white ones come with blue interior?
(and way to rep for the Laotians here...are there any? Can all the LT Hmong raise their hands?) ;)

And Coi, nice color on your MRS. Like a candy apple red. Red your signature color? That is some seriously show car/Import Tuner though. Glad you have the exige to balance things out!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
This is why I don't have an Elise yet. I just can't part with my 2ZZ Spyder. It is awesome and my daily driver. Someday, though, ...

DragonSpring08_3.jpg
DragonSpring08_2.jpg
Got AeroCatch?

Photos by Killboy @ Deal's Gap

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thank you for the warm welcome guys. it's awesome to know that a lot of your guys are, or were, mr2 owners too!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts