The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, knew to the forums. Been a Lotus fan my whole life. I've been lurking the classifieds for a Elise or an Exige. I hope to learn more about the cars as I go along.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Welcome! If you expand your search area nationally you have a better chance of finding the exact car, color, upgrades, and features that you want. Best of luck!

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! If you expand your search area nationally you have a better chance of finding the exact car, color, upgrades, and features that you want. Best of luck!
I would love to. I'm just uncertain about the buying process when done long-distance when it comes to money, seeing the car, titling, not getting scammed, etc.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
With a good approach and due diligence there is very little risk of getting scammed with a long distance purchase. I've done it for my Elise, and I helped my son do it for his Exige. Many threads on this...

Buying a good Lotus is just not like buying a good Ford Fusion; you really limit your options and your pocket book by only shopping local.

Get detailed information and lots of HD photos. Walk away from sellers who don't want to communicate completely. If something smelly fishy it probably is. Have a qualifed third party inspection done at your expense when you are serious. Seek the personal opinion of another LT person here who can visit the seller locally. Make all offers contingent on the car passing the PPI and all deposits refundable if the car's condition is significantly different than disclosed. An honest seller will not have a problem with this.

Find a relaible enclosed shipper. Chances are you can save enough by shopping the national market that you can pay fore a good shipper with the difference.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts