The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I was in the market for a Corvette until I sat in a new Lotus Elise. Now I am hooked. I don't really fit 6'3 250 lbs but after lurking here for awhile it looks like "if there is a will, there is a way!".

I have owned a 72 Spitfire, 68 GT6 and did a complete restore on a 67 MGB.

I am looking for a 05' - 07' Krypton Green Elise. I would like to get something with a warranty and no track time with a clean car fax.

Thanks,

Mike Mc

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Hey Mike; Welcome!

There was a KG Elise around in San Antonio for a little while, but I haven't seen it for over a year.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
If you would like to check out a car you are more then welcome look mine over, but as for trying to buy a car of a certain color you will most likely need to travel a bit.
As for a car with a warranty I think you may be stuck with a 07. I say look for a car with about 18,000 to 30,000 miles on it (or more if off warranty) this way any problems have been found and fixed. Cars under 10,000 and off warranty are to me a bigger gamble.

If you would like me to look at a car with/for you let me know.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Personally I wouldn't worry about warranty or tracking it unless something is already wrong with it.

But you will probalby have to travel just for the color. I got lucky and got the color I wanted here in town. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys,

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I do figure I will have to travel to get a Krypton Green one. You know we little 250 lb 6'3" guys just don't stand out enough, so I need a bright color.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.