The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago, we got our first Lotus (notice the use of the word - First) and my bride and I have fallen in love with it. It is a 2005 Lotus Elise in Magnetic Blue. Buying it started out as a "let's get a weekend and date night pure sports car with no practicality" but it has evolved into an obsession. We kept seeing a yellow Elise near us and we both thought it was one of the greatest looking cars ever.

I had a cousin with an Europa that took me for a ride when I was a kid and loved the experience. That combined with my love of quirky car makes (former Alfa owner here) and small cars (I also have a Fiesta and and a Fit) made the idea of an Elise seem perfect. After my research, we picked this one out and it fits us great. Since you always ask for pictures - in its new home:

Future plans (besides driving it all over the North Georgia mountains):
  • Maybe 2 white stripes down the length, we love the look
  • Thinking about changing from the black wheels to polished wheels from the Sport
  • Getting a Sector 111 Lidbone
  • Going to some local Autocross and someday trying it out

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
More pictures please??? Grew up in Gainesville and remember many fun high school dates at the laser show.

Welcome to the club, beautiful car

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More pictures please??? Grew up in Gainesville and remember many fun high school dates at the laser show.

Welcome to the club, beautiful car
Not many pictures taken yet. We are too busy just driving it. My wife is consumed with wanting to drive it. We have been getting a babysitter extra nights just to go over to Stone Mountain Park to drive around and practice. She is very new to manual transmissions and wants to become very familiar before hitting the roads solo. While we didn't get it to be a daily driver, I have to confess that I've driven it to work (in Atlanta traffic) 7 times in 3 weeks. What a blast. Even at slow easy speeds it is so comfortable to drive (yes, I know it is loud, feel every bump, etc...).

I'll try to get pictures next week over at Stone Mountain Park (maybe by the covered bridge).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have to look over the calendar to see about the Caffeine and Octane event. Thanks for the info and per Rosscarlson request and forum tradition, more pictures (although, with all the Elise pics on this site, this one is rather routine):

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello and welcome!

I have a magnetic blue 05 also. I am in Buckhead, and my mom lives in stone mtn. as well. Pm if you ever want terrorize 78!

Congrats on a great choice,

Jay

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
(although, with all the Elise pics on this site, this one is rather routine)
Yeah, but those aren't YOUR Elise pics now are they?!?! We all like to show off our toys and you should be no exception!

Great looking car!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats man.

There is a fairly active group around here. Most of the event planning takes place on the yahoo group:
LLSE : Lotus, Ltd. Southeast

There's something almost every week. There are mountain drives every month (think it's 4th saturday).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts