The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am new to this site and have had my 05Elise about two weeks and have read alot of posts on this site. Love the car but I am unsure about the alarm.

Have read about the Fobs and how to re-sync them and re-program them. I have finally gotten the "Owners PIN" that should have come with the car.(got it thru the dealer that I purchased it from).

I see that , "The Viper" is very savvy concerning the electrics and alarms of the car. I've read most of his posts along with Aedo's. You guys are the smart fellers of the bunch.

Basically I just want to get rid of the alarm . Any Ideas?? I've read about just using the key and looking the outside locks and then the immobilizer still automatically sets itself into function also. I hate all this.....

All in all I am happy with the vehicle though. :crazyeyes

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
saffron yellow .. I love it. Used to have a porsche Boxster but this is way more fun...

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Congratulations on your new acquisition! Enjoy it!

Photos?

Not sure if you know it or not, but the Lotus is susceptible to turnover in high cross wind situations. You wouldn't by any chance happen to frequent IN? A yellow Lotus was spotted there, and we are trying to find it.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
welcome :wave:

pictures are a must :p

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys and Road Dad. I'm working on photos and I'll post them when I can. This is a great Blog site and I hope to meet some new friends. Anyone here In Utah???

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome aboard from the former FNG. I'll probably be passing through Utah on a southwestern road trip soon. Because I can. And I couldn't in the 66 Jaguar E-type, not with any confidence anyways.

I generally hate alarm systems, but I've grown to accept the Cobra system. The immobilizer is an irritant, but the system works well. Haven't had to shut it off at 3am. I'm leaving it in place.

Helpful hints: Enter and exit driveways SLOWLY. If your front clam doesn't have chin rash yet, you may want to investigate something to protect it. Also hitting the second cam on cold tires with a minimum of steering input will surprise you - and a few unsuspecting bystanders as well.:panic:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Eric,
I do have a steeper driveway going into my home and Yes I have had to go slow as you have said. I kinda measured the clearance and adjusted so far by going into it at an angle like you stated...

I'll keep trying the alarm out but will change the batteries in the FOB's and them just let the car Immobilize itself and use the keys to lock it withOUT activating the Alarm if I feel safe that way. Hopefully it will feel more comfortable with the alarm and the car as days go by.

I guess I don't understand the "hitting the second cam response yet?? on cold tires. Does the car hit lightspeed or what the H---. ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts